Status
Not open for further replies.

vikassaini01

Hi,
All hosts face abusive clients everyday.
Most of them abuse your services and when you suspend them, they threaten you to post scam posts about you on WJ and make paypal chargebacks...

How you deal with them ?
We have got such a client who is creating headache for us...

One client got services for 5 months and today when we suspended him because he was using the whole 1gbit port of server, he is threatening us to post scam posts about you on WJ and make paypal chargebacks...

when you rape servers for 5 months, all is fine and when you get suspended, your host is a scam.. !! :( What's this...

Please share your experience and suggestions..

Last edited:
30 comments
Just kick off the abusive customers , does it really matters for you if customer posts something on forum ? Forum doesn't run your company right ? Also if he place an chargeback in PayPal , then just call/message PayPal that the customer bought up an service from you , and according to PayPal terms and services , Services doesn't cover buyer protection so they are not eligible for any charge backs or refund .

X7nmgSE.png

Customers do got mad , but start ignoring once they are kicked . As you are not there guardian to listen up what they say . Simple as that .

thanks bro..
we have already kicked him out and gave him 24 hours to take his backup and move to another provider.

Did you also faced any such issues ? Please share with us.

thanks bro..
we have already kicked him out and gave him 24 hours to take his backup and move to another provider.

Did you also faced any such issues ? Please share with us.

Yea , every company has abuser team lol ; Anyways if your customer posts something in forums to expose you just reply with an proof why you terminated him so that people will know whom to trust and whom to not .

yep, that's a good idea..
I'm more like a technical person and not have much experience in dealing with such issues....
But I really appreciate your assistance, :)

Simple, Suspend them, but make sure u respond to their tickets in a professional manner.

Even if they are abusing you just be calm, and say sorry there is nothing we can do, as you did this, and that. therefore we have suspended you.

Just be nice and easy, dont get angry with him aswell.

Repeat about your TOS all the time if you have to.

That way he wont have any thing to even say that you were rude to him and things like that.

I used to run a hosting company too with some 400 clients, had this issue but its always gonna be there. not everyone likes ice cream dipped in chocolate sauce :P

Vikas,
One more thing when you suspend them try to be as nice and as polite as you can even if your client is rude to you.
Because when "such" clients go around on forums calling you scammers and you try to defend yourself, the client is most probably going to post screenshots of your conversation and even a single rude reply can hinder your reputation. So when suspending be as sweet and polite as you can, Imagine talking to Bill Gates or Jobs or anyone whom you follow :P,so whenever the 'Spectators' read your conversation, you wont be at the wrong end.

Also most important, such type of behavior is expected from kids/immature clients. In most cases services like seedboxes, RDP, rapid leech are used by such crowd. So a company offering such services tend to get such bad clients.

Last edited:
Very true, dunno if you already mentioned it but don't forget some also open claims for just $2...
Plus when every client orders something on your site they automatically accept your Terms of Service,
but the fact is no one ever reads it..

Just cover your back with decent Terms of Service and use it for why abuser must be kicked, a full width terms related with your business will make your job easier.

Abusive clients should be only a speedbump in the life of a hosting company. You get it over with and move on. Don't let it get you too upset or get caught up in nonsense.

Often, clients get upset because they order a something and find out later while the service is running that something is not what they thought.
We spell out everything very clearly and if something is wrong on our end, we simply compensate. If they are not clear on what something is, we will re-explain.

We have received a few threats of posting scam reports and we simply do not reply to this type of childish behavior. If our client wants to get something resolved, we do it in a civilized manner through a means of contact.
If someone does post something bad, we will answer or follow up with the real story and thats the end of it.

If your TOS covers you, and you know what your doing is right, you will be fine.

google wrzhost
noithing u can do against it once u get bigger, the satisfied clients don't post reviews.

vikassasin's hosting is much bigger and older then yours :P.

vika you will always have your abusive clients because of your old services which im sure you still offer. The kind of services you offer is what brings the worse ones.

Hi
Ya, I understand and I really appreciate all hosts here are helping each other.
This helping and assistance can help us to get rid of such abusive/childish clients and move on further.

and yes, seedbox, rdp, leech are more prone to such clients BUT we faced this client with 1gbit linux VPS !
The client was using Ubuntu so might be using as a Linux RDP/Desktop for uploading etc..
He also seems to be related to a file hosting company/website.

Last edited:
vikassasin's hosting is much bigger and older then yours :P.

vika you will always have your abusive clients because of your old services which im sure you still offer. The kind of services you offer is what brings the worse ones.

I don't think so.

@Vikas, how I do it?
Just don't open your doors for every customer, monitor every new customer. We mainly monitor customers from the Mid-East and India as they are known for abusing services.

Just be sure you have a powerful ToS so you can beat them with proof.

yep.
We have a good ToS But I will make some changes to it and add a Fair Usage Policy (FUP) which will be clearly defined in ToS.
And you are right. We have received a lot of fraud orders from Egypt, Morocco and Algeria and We have to often block these countries.
Even if we accept some clients, some of them ended up in abusing our services or frauds.

When I get reports from DataCenter / e-mails from officials
saying you're hosting a Zeus or Phishing is just plain and simple to terminate them.
Any listing on SpamHaus = Terminate.
They should already know most ways to get into there is
1. Botnet
2. Spamming

I really don't understand why they order a vps when they will abuse it. It is better for them to pay month to month on a provider who doesn't care what they do.

We have had our fair share of these however me and my team just keep a cool head and deal with the matter in hand. However if they become to abusive we just terminate their account.

Ya, I understand and I really appreciate all hosts here are helping each other.
This helping and assistance can help us to get rid of such abusive/childish clients and move on further.

Can't agree more with you on that one! :-=

Its just about simple 4 things .

1 . Be cool and calm .
2 . Be responsive , don't let them wait for hours or days to await for your reply .
3 . Keep referring them to your terms and acceptable policy in polite nature .
4 . Try to face the situation rather then getting mad at it .

As a service provider you should have enough knowledge as well to face them , as nowadays every single noob or user is having Web Hosting company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back