Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Worst three days of my life. All I can think about is smoking. I always thought that the whole anger thing from not smoking was a myth because I didn't have it the first two days. Today I have been snapping a little on my employees.

I'm almost into my ninth year of smoking and thinking of going back to being a smoker.

Anyone else go through quitting?

edit: I'm a klutz as a non-smoker. Just spilled vegetable soup all over a $150 dress shirt and this morning coffee on another one.

43 comments
I have tryed quitting many times but i cant be more then 1-2days whitout, ive been smoking about 11-12years now. I dont think i will ever quit i enjoy it too mutch.

Why are you trying to quit?

I know few people who quit whit help of Champix, you could try that if you cant quit just like that. You can still smoke while taking those pills i think it was like 2weeks, it should somehow effect so you dont even want to smoke after 2weeks using.

My main reason for quitting is the smell, the extra time I take out of my day and the amount I spend. Its not a lot, but it ads up. I spend about $7/day on it. Don't get me wrong though, I love it.

Drop, the Tobacco,

It may sound like bad advice, but weed may help you to chillout, and forget about smoking tobacco (weed's not addictive) ;)

Your choice, my advice :)

well i have just quitted smoking and its been a month now, let me tell you 2 thing that i did so maybe that can help you out

1. when you get the urge to smoke(happens a lot during the early days) do something that you thing is very time consuming, i would normal upload and post like shit when this occured, you can also try talking to your friends or drinking some water
2. never ever try to think that one cig wont do anything bad or you will start all over again(take my word for it)

Had it going for like 3 years. Then one day I decided to up and quit. Took me another year to finally get to where I am now - 1 smoke a month. You can't just up and quit the next day. You're doing it wrong.

An addictive habit will only go away gradually, unless your willpower exceeds everyone else's amazingly. And that, I doubt, reading this thread.

Try cutting down on the number you smoke everyday. Try skipping sometimes, some days. And a handy fact - when you get the urge to smoke, engage yourself in something for anywhere between 5-15 minutes and that urge will have most likely passed (depends on how addicted you are to it, though).

Take it slow.

Took me 5 mins to quit. My lungs were blocked and my doc said if I don't quit, I am gonna get fucked cause I had a cough for like a week and it wasn't going. It's always hard in the start but it gets better. Everytime you think of smoking, take something else. I always take mentos spearmint and it does the work, makes me forget :D

Edit: Forgot to state, would smoke blast (stronger than ice, menthol) so that's why I take spearmint.

JJJ I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years, then on August 4th 2010 I quit and have not had a cigarette since. I used Champix for 10 days before I quit and it really really helped, but the hardest thing is losing the habit ( eg: waking up in morning making a coffee and going outside for a ciggy, or after meals) so I cooked and cooked and cooked to keep myself busy, I also looked on eBay loads and loads to try and put my mind on something other than smoking. But now its been almost 7 months and still haven't lit one, I still drink and it doesn't bother me and I can be around smokers without problems too :) hope this helps

But now its been almost 7 months and still haven't lit one, I still drink and it doesn't bother me and I can be around smokers without problems too :) hope this helps

Respect! I hope once I stop I won't start over again when drinking. Drinking without smoking still seems impossible to me though, so no time to quit yet :(

I need to stop too, i just bought malboro but maybe this will be the last. Im new smoker 1 year and half maybe, but i cannot stop i dont understand why. My uncle is smoking everytime i see him i would like to smoke too. Also when i am with friends they fucking smoke, outside when i see poeple smoking ahh thats the worst thing. Everyone smokes here, i would just say fuck and fuck. And im really young btw 17 years old.

But now its been almost 7 months and still haven't lit one, I still drink and it doesn't bother me and I can be around smokers without problems too :) hope this helps

Me to. I had my last cigarette on first day of summer 2010. and haven't lit one since. It is hard for first couple of days, you will think about it for first couple of weeks, but after that you're free!

Just hold on and keep yourself busy and you'll see it's not that hard to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back