Status
Not open for further replies.
8 comments
since ive changed to lightpd rather then apache it holding the ddos off from crashing my site

even though its taking a extra 100mb ram lol

@accyuklad

Hello,

may be I didn't explained that in your ticket, here is what I've done

ddos deflate is installed and its using iptbales to ban IPs with more than 150 connection and its can be used without apf. (even it will not stop real ddos attacks tbh)

csf installed to ban failure http,ftp,imap,smtp logins ,block port scanning attempts & bad reputation IPs from spamhaus database.

hope that will clarify the situation here

Highest Regards
Mohammed H

well when i had apache someone with uk isp kept crashing my site so i had to keep banning ip but since i changed to lightpd it not crashing now well for now anyway

I have new VPs, hosting managed that. but i want to make it more secure. please guide me how to install CSF and configure it for safe from dDos ? and if its already installed then how to check this ?

thanks

I have new VPs, hosting managed that. but i want to make it more secure. please guide me how to install CSF and configure it for safe from dDos ? and if its already installed then how to check this ?

thanks

Find at GOogle CSF home page. then at the bottom is link on how to isntall CSF.
Then you whitelist you IP by adding it into /etc/csf/csf.allow then you can experiment and watch csf logs to see which actions and IP s are banner to prevent banning valid users.

Im using CSF and i can tell you learning it and getting thru it , finetuning can take weeks or more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back