Content vs backlinks?

seo_auditor

Hi all,

In your opinion, what's more important to get higher rankings: good content or lots of backlinks?

I feel it's a chicken and egg problem, - can't have lots of backlinks without good content, but I'm open to other opinions.

19 comments
Backlinks are used for SEO purposes only. Users use content to engage with your site, drive ad impressions, buy your items, and fill out lead forms. There's no need for a website to be sourcing you if you don't have any content (i.e., giving you a backlink)

Content will always be the key factor in ranking results. Backlinks do help, but they are helpless in front of content that does not pass a basic plagiarism check.

Both are important. However, the main difference is in the order of priority. First of all, you need to deal with content and the site, and then proceed to the backlinks. I'm not even talking about SEO. Just provide quality content. Just after improve it according to the semantic core.

I think both are important for SEO , to rank in the Google , content is the king and links are also considered as vote to the website but the link should be relevant and high authority ..

Actually a good content can get you in the ranking algorithm, its like with a good content you have participated in a race, though to win the race or become in the top 3, you need back links.

Backlinks are crucial for search engine algorithms and building our website's authority and credibility. Having high-quality backlinks from authoritative sources such as:

These all strengthen a website's reputation in the eyes of both search engines and users. It helps establish us as a trusted resource in our industry or niche.

Hi all,

In your opinion, what's more important to get higher rankings: good content or lots of backlinks?

I feel it's a chicken and egg problem, - can't have lots of backlinks without good content, but I'm open to other opinions.
Backlinks will never be able to compete with quality written content. Backlinks can certainly improve your rankings and domain authority, but the content on your site is what Google and the other search engines care about the most.

Back