Cleaned my 6 year old keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as stefan said, wash it with warm water too, your buttons etc, to kill all the bacterias ^^

Also, I hope your room is a bit cleaner.. And please don't tell me you clean your room once / 6 years :|

My room is fairly clean, and I clean regularly, I just never bothered cleaning my keyboard before because I didn't realise it would be as bad as it was.

That's fucking disgusting, why don't you just buy a new keyboard?

Sure, I could buy a new keyboard, will set me back a few pounds, wouldn't help towards the planet though, and buying a new keyboard will mean that the company manufacturing the keyboard will make more as it would seem that people *need* keyboards.

Or on the other hand I could just thoroughly clean my current fully working keyboard, save money and help towards the environment. It's mostly just been me who has ever used this keyboard, it's not like several hundred people have been using it or anything.

wow 6 pages for a keyboard this forum became outstanding :|

My thoughts were similar, I think it is due to the fact that nearly everyone reading this thread will be next to a keyboard of some sort. I also think it is because it is somewhat about helping the environment; and the fact that people appreciate others doing so.

Sure, I could buy a new keyboard, will set me back a few pounds, wouldn't help towards the planet though, and buying a new keyboard will mean that the company manufacturing the keyboard will make more as it would seem that people *need* keyboards.

Or on the other hand I could just thoroughly clean my current fully working keyboard, save money and help towards the environment. It's mostly just been me who has ever used this keyboard, it's not like several hundred people have been using it or anything.
You not purchasing a new keyboard won't have any impact on anything. Though I do see your point as I hate buying new things if I have old stuff I can maintain, but I'd be too disgusted to ever touch those keys again.

My thoughts were similar, I think it is due to the fact that nearly everyone reading this thread will be next to a keyboard of some sort. I also think it is because it is somewhat about helping the environment; and the fact that people appreciate others doing so.

You answered me like a sir, excellent and please go on.

I disagree, me not purchasing a keyboard will have a positive impact on the environment, if I somehow manage to persuade users in this thread to do the same, they won't purchase new keyboards, maybe they'll agree with my point so much that when someone they know wants to get a keyboard, they could try to convince them to not bother.

A large domino effect is unlikely to happen, doesn't mean it won't happen.

p.s dacook <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back