Dedicated China server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdc

Hello, im looking for person from China or for dedicated server in china.
If you are from china, please let me know. I need server from there $ ¥

Please see my signature for contact, or chat there. Thank you

15 comments
thx, No i dont have ICP license. You need to be citizen and have business license in china in order to have a website hosted in china...
But can an chinesse IP serve as a redirect to USA or other country physical hosoting server, thus hide the destination server identity (like OVH, they have germany IP, but destination IP is their france physical server).. no one sees that server is in France?

Please anyone can help with chinesse IP?

Hi WDC,

Yes you need an ICP if you want to be hosted in China.

If you want China IPs, you can still host outside of China and get China IPs. We have quite a few China (as in Mainland China) IPs but our network is 100% in Hong Kong.

Why do you need Chinese IPs? Are you targeting mainland users or do you require access to China websites/services that limit access to China users only?

If you can get China IPs on a US based host, then this will likely be the cheapest option.

If you need close proximity to China or need good performance to Chinese users, then HK is your best bet.

Hello,

You can use Voxility, they have a datacenter in Hong-Kong. It's a part of a China, opened to the world so it could be ok. Depend of your usage. :)

You can use Voxility, they have a datacenter in Hong-Kong. It's a part of a China, opened to the world so it could be ok. Depend of your usage.

Oh dear, please do not say that. Though technically HK is under China, it is in every other sense a in independent country and we HKers find it somehwat offensive to be called 'China'.

Why do you need Chinese IPs?
If you can get China IPs on a US based host, then this will likely be the cheapest option.

Hi, i want china IP so i can protect myself from various DMCA, antiphishing antispam complaints.

I have a reseller hosting and they always suspend me because some of my client decide to host phishing, spam or similar.

So i want chinesse IP, because i seen many long-term spam servers or similar use these.
My aim is not to do illegal activity, but just protect the server (i prefer France OVH server) from shuting down and data/uptime loss..

If your requirement is someone who does not care about these things, you are looking at 1. paying a lot of money, and 2. accepting a substandard 'data centre'.

It is illegal in most countries, including China to distribute 'illegal' copyright material and to SPAM. Your safety will come not from the country but the host. And in order for a host in Asia to allow their IP range to be ravaged by 3rd party complaints which will ultimately result in being blacklisted, you will have to pay an extraordinary amount of money.

Consider the following before picking China/HK or Asia in general.

In HK:

Most providers will require US$100 /month or more per mbit (or about $100 per 300GB data transfer)
Most providers will limit the number of IPs you can use and still cost around US$10 - $15 per IP.
Most providers will not provider proper English language support so you will have communication issues.

And that is the sort of prices you get at the data centers offering services to legitimate clients. You can expect a premium on top if they allow dodgy stuff.

HK, Singapore, Japan and maybe South Korea, are the cheapest options in Asia (with similar pricing to above). Other countries, such as China, Thailand, Vietnam and even Malaysia cost significantly more often 2 - 3x as much.

If you have an absurd budget, I know a host in HK that might be able to help you but he doesn't really speak English..

Just about every host will respond to real threats if they believe they actually have something to lose.

A number of years ago, an illegal hosting company operated in Hong Kong called Hostfresh. They specialized in hosting all sorts of illegal stuff such as warez, scam sites and allowed their network to be used for SPAM.

There was a case where they shit down another host (sort of a re seller of Hostfresh) because they recieved legal threats from a law firm in HK.

It's quite easy to ignore legal threats from another country. After all, they have no jurisdiction in the host's country. But when you are getting legal threats in your own country, even if what you are doing is technically legal, the cost of defending yourself can be much greater than the fees paid by the client.

Why pay to fight a legal GIANT forking up many thousands of dollars (probably 10s of thousands) just to keep a customer paying a few dollars. Heck even if he was paying 10k /month it may still not be worth while.

If you win, great, you can recover much of your legal costs (but not all). But the time and effort would be grueling! If you lose, not only do you stand to lose all the money you paid for your own defense, you stand to pay compensation to the other side for THEIR legal fees, while also being forced to shut down your client's site.

Just another word of warning when choosing a host :-).

If you really want a China server, then I know of some hosts you may be interested in.

But if you really want to host in China, you WILL need an ICP if you plan to actually have websites running (even used as a proxy). You will also need a stomach for higher than average rental fees. Finally you need to expect slower speeds and random outages because of the greatfirewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back