Chester Bennington - Rest in Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occult

NEMVbO7sDxZEQS_1_b.jpg

I don't know about most of you, but a major part of my young years held up Linkin Park and this man at a very high regard. I am sure at some point of life, their songs have inspired us or helped get through many things. As a person who suffers from depression myself, I can understand what kind of things this man must have gone through to decide to take his life. It's a very difficult journey and some of us don't make it till the end.

I hope he went away knowing how many lives he touched and how many lives he changed. I hope he rests with the utmost peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chester Bennington, the ferocious lead singer for the platinum-selling hard rock band Linkin Park, was found dead in his home near Los Angeles on Thursday. He was 41.

Mr. Bennington, who was known for his piercing scream and free-flowing anguish, released seven albums with Linkin Park. The most recent, “One More Light,” arrived in May and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart. The band was scheduled to start a tour with a concert on July 27 in Mansfield, Mass.

Chester Charles Bennington was born on March 20, 1976, in Phoenix, the youngest of four children. His mother was a nurse and his father a local police detective prone to pulling double shifts. Mr. Bennington described his childhood as unhappy, citing his parents’ divorce when he was 11 and frequent molestation by an older friend, beginning when Mr. Bennington was “about 7 or 8” and continuing until he was 13.

Read the rest at:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/arts/music/chester-bennington-linkin-park-dead.html

6 comments
Thank you for posting this! I really liked their music and it was unfortunate that this man went through so much crap as a child. I wonder if he ever sought therapy and help for these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back