Status
Not open for further replies.
most chat box rules are common sense
are they are listed as forum rules but still apply
for the chat box and all of the forums

http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=45709

i my self have tried to implant rules to be more understandable
and clear for members but most the staff think the forum rules work and there is no need for more rules.

My
Sample:

Shout box Rules

A. As many of you know, chat boxes have a large impact on the server and site load speed. We do not tolerate any spamming or advertising in our shout box. Having a shout box on a website is a privilege, not a right, and therefore this privilege can be taken away at anytime if abused.

B. Flamming in the chat box is a ban able offense from not only the shout box but the entire site in general.

1. Please Respect all staff and members.

2. please use common sense when you use the chat box.

3. Staff will not hesitate to ban people from the shout box.

Agreed with Loget.

Also, chatbox is part of the forum, a section of it, so the general rules applies to it, if a member fails to realize that, then making yet a new set of rules will only further complicate things. Think about it, they didn't read the main rules, what would make them read sub-rules?

If chatbox becomes a real problem, we'll probably limit access to it (XX posts to view).

x,xxx posts to view it. Make only the real elite be able to see it =) (seriously 1,000 or 2,000 posts to view the chatbox)

The forums have pretty good set rules for each category and as an overall WJ has got better then from months ago (before the main rules came in). I remember decision about chatbox rules came in when making the main rules, but were left out just because 2 many rules that would be pointless. As elj said the main rules apply with cover it all anyways. No refs, no warez, use common sense. Another thread is wasted db space, as per this post.

More rules that no one is going to follow anyway? Oh rejoice, WJ members! [/s]

The moderation takes care of the chatbox.

x,xxx posts to view it. Make only the real elite be able to see it =) (seriously 1,000 or 2,000 posts to view the chatbox)

The forums have pretty good set rules for each category and as an overall WJ has got better then from months ago (before the main rules came in). I remember decision about chatbox rules came in when making the main rules, but were left out just because 2 many rules that would be pointless. As elj said the main rules apply with cover it all anyways. No refs, no warez, use common sense. Another thread is wasted db space, as per this post.

How about we make it 8thousand instead so you can't be in there as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back