Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikentic

As you all know, each and every day, there is something new going on in the chatbox. Mostly not positive stuff, like drama, topic linking(for own profit, like topic to uploads) etc.

This is, in my opinion, what is ruining this community. I'd say WJ is taking free-speech to a whole new level. There is absolutely no rules in the chatbox, except for the "No questions" rule, that no one follows anyway since there is no risk for being CB banned.

I would say that rules will be needed very soon, if not now. The community is growing each and every day, leading to more drama and more spamming.

So I've come up with some simple rules, to keep this community as good as possible.

1. DO NOT write more than 4 messages in a row.
2. DO NOT flame someone for breaking the rules.
3. DO remember you aren't the only one in the chatbox, think before you shout, use common sense.
4. DO NOT link your own thread, unless it can help solve a question in the bawx.
5. DO NOT Question one's integrity as a moderator. People who become moderator have been picked carefully and are able to do their jobs properly. If you disagree contact an admin.

This is just some rules that I think could do well. Of course, the administrators are the ones deciding what to do.

Best Regards,
Nikentic

27 comments
I agree there is a need for some CB rules.

However they will be dealt with very differently by each mod, smod.

This is because the tolerence level of each person is different.

Not knocking the thought though.

rule 1. quick sands gonna get fucked over. trust me ive tried.. even offered rdnet account.

rule 2. meh. we all flame.

rule 3. meh.

rule 4. only real rule.

rule 5. thats not a rule.

... good to see somewhat new members coming up with rules :P

There's currently only one public rule for the chatbox and that is:

All conversations has to be in English so everyone can understand.

I'm also interested in adding some more rules for the shoutbox.
We'll see what's happening in the next few days..

I agree there is a need for some CB rules.

However they will be dealt with very differently by each mod, smod.

This is because the tolerence level of each person is different.

Not knocking the thought though.

You (the staff) should come up with some "punishments" that are same for all of the moderators, since as you said, personality differs. Just to not cause any more confusion.

ya lets tackle the whole "ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER" rule first.

its pretty bad when we got a rule and then Eso decides to speak whatever language and not get in trouble about it.

Rules are fucking shit every where in the world rules decrease peace. (only those rules which stop people for doing some fun)

If people don't even follow the "Ask your questions in the forums. The ChatBox is for small talk." rule (which is right in front of their eyes!) - what makes you think they will follow a bunch of rules in a thread that barely anybody will read? :|

+1 Loget ... the existing 'rule' no one follows.. so adding a bunch more is fine,but dont expect anyone to read or follow new rules

If people don't even follow the "Ask your questions in the forums. The ChatBox is for small talk." rule (which is right in front of their eyes!) - what makes you think they will follow a bunch of rules in a thread that barely anybody will read? :|

Agree with you loget.. :)

If rules get in action = More CB Bans = Empty Box 8-)

ya lets tackle the whole "ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER" rule first.

its pretty bad when we got a rule and then Eso decides to speak whatever language and not get in trouble about it.

Oh really :'( Shiz Uncle :(

If strict rules will be implemented then you'll be banned everyday (y)

---------

Never mind just take the chatbox easily, we're here to hangout and not to take the internet so seriously, come on we all are webmasters, we should be busy in trading online things and with our websites.

If we implement so many rules then there would be no fun and no refreshment.

Everyone should make it clear that we all are one and we should stop bitching at each other.

Enjoy guys enjoy <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back