Censor SmokeHost?

• Yes

Votes: 64 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
29 and 2. If the 31 votes have not shown what the community wants thus far then what will?

This is not a democracy, if 1000 users voted to censor the domain, it wouldn't matter, ya'll can vote all you like but it's the staff that make the decisions around here.

As for the censorship of the domain, it's not our job to pick and choose who does business on here, if a host sucks, the members should just avoid purchasing hosting, we are not your parents and are not required to protect you from the big bad dangerous hosts. It's completely up to members to decide who they purchase hosting from and all companies are free to offer their services here, regardless of how horrible they are.

This is not a democracy, if 1000 users voted to censor the domain, it wouldn't matter, ya'll can vote all you like but it's the staff that make the decisions around here.

As for the censorship of the domain, it's not our job to pick and choose who does business on here, if a host sucks, the members should just avoid purchasing hosting, we are not your parents and are not required to protect you from the big bad dangerous hosts. It's completely up to members to decide who they purchase hosting from and all companies are free to offer their services here, regardless of how horrible they are.

************** = o r a n g e v p s . c o m

Same story but they got censored

Well there isnt much point in censorin it, since ppl will write how bad it is... what's the point if you read

********* is bad host, never buy from them:@

but if you read:
SmokeHost is bad host, never buy from them :@

you'll get an idea who is the bad host

Yeah and as staff decides,so you are responsible for the bad hosts.As you have putted rules for nulled whcms and other simiral ones you should care for such hosts after reporting.Its your responsibility to offer quality in your forum.

If we take Loget seriously then most here will offer crap services and will bring bad name for WJ..you want that??

EDIT for the above:
Many hosts do accounts just to praise their hosting or friends of them does,and when you have 6 people,3 saying awesome and 3 saying sucks what you gonna do?

What if one host has downtime?and 100000 users post this host sucks cause they are kids(you see everyday threads,you get the point) you will not buy cause of that?

What about servedome?it was awesome host as many mentioned,bad luck,one thread 100 pages saying it sucks.its back up now.

************** = o r a n g e v p s . c o m

Same story but they got censored

A ton of Angeix's sites were censored when he got banned, including sites that weren't hosting companies.

@EL-Warez: How hard is it to use common sense to distinguish between bad and good hosts? Whenever I buy something on eBay, I always read reviews of the product and look at the feedback of the seller before purchasing. That is what everybody buying on the internet should be doing. :)

I know Loget,thats what i do,personally i stoped buying host from WJ (no offence,its fact) and i am really happy,with a VPS with no single downtime.

I am just saying that someone has to review these hosts and prevent newbies from serious mistakes and pointless threads.

@EL-Warez: How hard is it to use common sense to distinguish between bad and good hosts? Whenever I buy something on eBay, I always read reviews of the product and look at the feedback of the seller before purchasing. That is what everybody buying on the internet should be doing. :)

Yeah, this is true, but when you see 50+pages you usually dont want to read it all, but when some1 gets that many pages ppl already know if it's good or bad host.

Problem is with new providers always. There is always a bunch a ppl who will say how reliable that person is or they vouch for some, which is in many cases bulls*it, and I generally avoide hosts like that. BUt most of the ppl won't

The thing that bothers me the most is if you post in someones topic how unreliable that person is and some experiences with dealing him, there is a big chance OP will report that, and MODs will delete it as offtopic

I see your point but until you add itrader or similar which dispays a percentage of complaints next to their name then you can read their full feedback/reviews,(like ebay) at the moment reviews are somewhat spread out you may search for them and see some good topics and bad topics, or have to go through the sales threads to read reviews, itrader would resolve this at it would put reviews all in one place, rather than having to go through sepeate review or sales thread with quite a few pages.

While i agree Censoring is maybe not a good idea with the current system becuase as infernohuman pointed out the current diffrent topics method would mean you get

********* is bad host, never buy from them, rather than the hosts name, i think that maybe you should ban known bad hosts from selling hosting here which would really clean up the hosting area maybe even a topic called "Unreliable hosts" which says something like our members have found the below hosts are unreliable 1. xyz hosting 2. blah hosting etc.

Last edited:
SmokeHost situation is solved I guess. Owner is permanently banned on WJunction, other representatives aren't creating sales thread anymore, no threads about them hurting someone... Everything's fine.

Censoring of the URL is just in case if they come back with the story "We're the new SmokeHost Management" or something like that. And I wouldn't agree that censoring the URL is a bad idea, yes there will be "******" instead of the text, but you'll know what you wanted to write, and you'll ask someone "Why is this URL censored?". And you'll either search for the clues, or someone will explain to you.

So yes, censoring it would be great. You may think that this isn't democracy, but without members this site wouldn't exist.

Without users you do not have a site, so the staff can decide everything they want but if the users are not there who are you really deciding for? And lets face it loget you make some of the decisions, not all like you state. I am not going to get into it as I really don't care. Just waiting for my pm and I shall most likely be off. You should not pick who's hosting company sucks and who is good, however if tons of threads open and its all the same story then it is wasted database space and server resources which can go for a better cause. They not only a bad hosting company but also scammers, and caused tons of shit here on wj. I guess they realized as Jason mentioned that no one cares for them so they stopped with the threads and such, however my solution was a quicker fix and would saved wj a lot more then this thread or this post.

I respectfully disagree, Jordon was banned here and Elj blocked his domain after that. So whats different then that can't be done here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back