Call-In Feature in Console Devices?

Should there be a Call-in Feature?

• No. I might have a harrowing experience receiving my GF while playing my favourite game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jainy25

Hello all

So one of my friends is planning to build a gaming/entertainment console right from scratch. He had this idea of integrating call-in feature in the console. His reason for that is that it would make communication easier and more efficient as in, for example, the gamer won't have to go finding his phone to call over a friend for a multiplayer game. Instead, he can call right there from the console and at the same time do the other stuff on his console(multitask). There are several other advantages of having such a feature in it, like you won't have to pause your game and run around to pick up the line.

However, I feel that it can hamper the gaming experience at times. You know, like if that call screen pops up while the user is watching a movie or playing a game. It can be quite disturbing at times? Isn't it?

Eventually, after this debate, I came to a conclusion that it's best to leave it to the user. I mean we could have the phone option there. But let the user choose whether to enable it or not.

So what do you suggest?

2 comments
It would be a good idea but also with settings where it's like a "Do Not Disturb" mode when you're watching a movie or in a game where the call won't show up but maybe a small notification on the corner of a screen instead of the whole screen turning into "DXS Calling..."

Also, some phones do not have SIM cards like mine for instance, maybe connect the phone via BlueTooth to the console and access calls and texts and use them while connected via BlueTooth.

But yes, this would make things so much easier...I hate holding my phone while I'm playing and speaker doesn't do shit because I use turtle beaches and I can barely hear over the loud ass Battlefield 3 gun shots and explosions.

It would be a good idea but also with settings where it's like a "Do Not Disturb" mode when you're watching a movie or in a game where the call won't show up but maybe a small notification on the corner of a screen instead of the whole screen turning into "DXS Calling..."

Also, some phones do not have SIM cards like mine for instance, maybe connect the phone via BlueTooth to the console and access calls and texts and use them while connected via BlueTooth.

These are some good suggestions definitely!

Bluetooth is something that is fairly common, but I guess still not there on every phone device. But yes, it can be considered definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back