Other BuyRDA - (Instant Setup) 450GB HDD, Xeon E3-1240, 16GB RAM, 1GigE $30/month (EU/DE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a German DC, not very well known, and I suppose I would prefer it stays that way; think of it as a competitive advantage when a network isn't fucked over by 1000 RDP providers (hint, Redstation). I won't be able to disclose the name :)

At least, not until it's found out eventually, which won't be long tbh.

It's a German DC, not very well known, and I suppose I would prefer it stays that way; think of it as a competitive advantage when a network isn't fucked over by 1000 RDP providers (hint, Redstation).

yup, been avoiding that Redstation DC no matter how cheap it is, got bad experience with it from one of RDP provider.

if the Fileserve upload speed is always within that range (screenshot), this could be a potential replacement for my US RDP. just didnt make it for the promo to test.

RT's doing a temporary test for you. Although we won't be able to give out tests in the future; this was just a one time exception because we just started.

That said, we've sold out of all the 12 slots. Stock levels are zero atm, waiting on delivery of the new server(s). Will update this thread soon as we have them deployed.

EDIT: 1 slot is available, a payment made a few hours back was just disputed :/

EDIT 2: All sold out. Will update soon.

Last edited:
@devio
No coupons at the moment; will have some soon.

@tawy
Your order was completed, thanks for ordering :)

Out of stocks now. Waiting for more. ETA is 15th January, 2012.

Review:

So I guess I'm the lucky man here as I was on time for the discount, what I really appreciate. You don't see people giving like $27 discount nowadays. That's what the BUYRDA team did was just awesome.

Well, let's speak about the technical side.

Speeds
The speeds are awesome :| Seriously. I tested like 5 filehosts (RS/FSO/FS/FJ/US) and I must say, the speeds are better than I thought. Downloading from FSO is ~28MB/s! Uploading goes up to 16MB/s at night when no one else is raping the server :P Other filehosts were slower, as expected, but also getting ~3MB/s upload speed. I haven't tested downloading as I don't have premium.

As you maybe have seen in the first post, torrenting was allowed. I opened my uTorrent and added some latest releases from SCC. GOD DAMN! I couldn't believe my eyes xD Never downloaded a file from SCC at that speed, same goes for uploading (if the torrent is new etc).
I left my RDA on for a while, I was eating etc, and after like MAX. 1hour I had uploaded ~40GB :| It's awesome.

Speeds result: 9/10

Server
Well, the server, it's awesome. Tho, I have something to say. Sometimes, the RDA, was super uber laggy. I don't know how it comes, maybe it's me, maybe not (QS said that it was also laggy for him) but switching tabs in FF took sometimes ages. Starting uTorrent, sometimes ages as well. Please note I said sometimes... Let's say on 10 times I used the RDA, 2 were laggy. So it's not a big deal, I can live with it.

Maybe it's because there are 12 users on one server? I remember I ordered the RDA when there was like no one on the server, I even think I was in top 3 first buyers and the first 2days speeds were higher and no lag at all. So yeah.. I dunno.

Server result: 8/10

Support
Euh, I guess I don't have to write a lot about this one? Everyone knows that LT & RT are nice guys ( yes yes, even Lifetalk sometimes :sun: )... I opened a ticket for the fun, to see how fast they reply etc. I found out some weird question and sent them a ticket. 15mins later I had an answer. Win.

Support result: 10/10

I hope I have said everything. If someone from here have more questions, please shoot and I'll reply ASAP.

Total points scored on my test: 27/30

Advice @ buyers: Get your RDA as soon as they add new ones or someone leaves. It's freaking awesome and you won't regret it ;)

Good job guys, way to go! <3

BTW, 2 days after the NY and I'm still drunk :| This song keeps me going <3
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHqzDg8iKng[/ame]

Last edited:
Cheers for the review pi0 <3.

Just to clear things out about the lag. There are 3 users on the same drive as windows, if all 3 are online downloading/raring/unraring/seeding...etc at the same time, the programs response drops. I'll talk to life about getting a separated 40Gb drive or something for windows and applications only to avoid that lag in the future :).

Regards,
RT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back