Bullfighting (corrida de toros) - what is it?

How do you see bullfighting

• It's torture

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Tradition

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvrle77

So, how would you classify corrida de toros (bullfighting)

1. Torture of wounded helpless dying animal for the enjoyment of the sadistic crowd?

2. Traditional spectacle

39 comments
It's a sick tradition, IMO. Not too much different from the times where people used to get thrown into the arena with wild animals, such as lions and tiger, to entertain thousands of retarded, ignorant and sick people.

It's a cruel tradition. Just to amuse people, we must hurt and kill animals? It's just not right. We must stand above it and they should forbid these activities.

Its the local Tradition, just because other people don't like the idea of it, it doesn't mean they shouldn't do it.

They should have a BBQ at the end and let you choose your cut of fresh steak :D

@gavo in some cultures there's a tradition where young girls get their clitoris cut off, just because, according to their tradition, women can't feel sexual pleasure, or something.

Would this be acceptable too to you?

Accepting our cultural differences is cool, but using culture as an excuse to be a retarded dick isn't.

I went to a "corrida de toros" in South America when I was a kid and it left a lasting impression on me. Very sad to watch the bull get slowly tortured and killed.

It's a tradition in many countries but I think one which should be reconsidered. Like StyXon said it is a cruel tradition!

@gavo in some cultures there's a tradition where young girls get their clitoris cut off, just because, according to their tradition, women can't feel sexual pleasure, or something.

Would this be acceptable too to you?

Accepting our cultural differences is cool, but using culture as an excuse to be a retarded dick isn't.

What would give you the right to go into another culture and tell them whats right and wrong, nothing.

You can criticize it.
If they have enough brain themselves, and hear that, they'll realize how others see them, and possibly change it.

@gavo What would give the right to change an outdated, medieval and cruel cultural behavior?

One little, but important thing, at least. It's called common sense.

Tradition in most cases =/= common sense.

Bullfighting traces its roots to prehistoric bull worship and sacrifice. The killing of the sacred bull (tauroctony) is the essential central iconic act of Mithras, which was commemorated in the mithraeum wherever Roman soldiers were stationed. The oldest representation of what seems to be a man facing a bull is on the celtiberian tombstone from Clunia and the cave painting "El toro de hachos", both found in Spain.

People and Cultures can evolve with the times. Gladiators used to kill one another for the entertainment of others, it was obviously not a good tradition. Watching this live is heart breaking.

I don't wish bad upon anyone but when a bullfighter takes a horn, it's within my tolerance level. Love when people act surprised when a bullfighter gets injured or killed as if the bull has no right to attack an asshole who is trying to kill him.

Exactly, and that's why it sucks.

It wouldn't be that bad if the bull didn't had to run for a couple of hours bleeding from his back full of wholes. The part where some buys get together and face the bull and hold it by the horns, thats something completely different. Those are men showing their skill and courage. The other dumbass riding a horse, wearing some clothes made of 100% pure faggotry, and piercing the bull is a dumb and coward snob.
The only thing he needs to do is to not fall from the fcuking horse.

Horses get killed on racing tracks all the time, many in the grand national that every one watches and places bets on, its called tradition.

For fucks sake, are you serious, Gavo?

Come on dude, that's totally different. The racing horses die by accident and people go to the races to see those beautiful animals run. On the bullfights the bull dies for people to have fun and people go there to see the bull being pierced by a sword dozens of times.

if they want to do it they can do it.
has been going on for hundreds of years not your business to mess with their culture or tell them what to do just because you dont like it

For fucks sake, are you serious, Gavo?

Come on dude, that's totally different. The racing horses die by accident and people go to the races to see those beautiful animals run. On the bullfights the bull dies for people to have fun and people go there to see the bull being pierced by a sword dozens of times.

They don't die my accident first of all. Someone of them are trained very roughly and easily get hurt/die. As Gavo said, it's their tradition/culture. You have no right to tell them what to do. If you're that upset about it, go join Peta or something.

Its not a fair fight. The bull is kept in isolation for 1-2weeks in a dark room. Its heavily drugged so that the bull fighters safety is ensured.
When the door is opened the Bull gets confused of what is happening. The sudden daylight and the surrounding noise creates panic and the Bull starts attacking anything it sees.
This fight is not one on one. There are other jackasses to assist the coward fighter. Some are there to distract while others ride on a horse and pierce the Bull on its back with a weapon.
Finally the fighter uses his long sword at the end when the Bull is totally exhausted wounded and bloody and has almost given up the fight. According to the tradition the sword should pierce the heart causing the death of the Bull. The fighter is sometimes so shitty that he misses the heart and pierces the lungs causing internal bleeding. The Bull starts to vomit blood and chokes to death on his own blood. This cowardly fight ends with a small knife piercing the spine and paralyzing the Bull. Sometimes the Bull shows some signs of life but its dragged from the arena with the help of horses to the slaughter house so that some punks at home can enjoy a juicy steak.
No respect is shown to the animal. Its a systematic torture and killing of the animal. Tradition my ASS. This is a business now. People who come to see this crap clearly indicates how sick they are!
There are huge Mafias involved in arranging and organizing such a show.
I am really glad to see that so many people are against this load of CRAP in the name of Tradition. It has been shutdown at many places and I hope to see it banned from all countries one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back