VPS BoxSlots.com - Unmetered 100Mbit/1Gbit/2Gbit VPS from £10.99/month (Netherlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read previous answers. But I don't know where I am supposed to look to check if I've been credited before opening a new ticket.

Few Words about Boxslots:

Since the Drama last day i must say this,becouse too much Haters are hee...........

anyway

I use this service since 11 Months now,and always if i have a Problem Ricky Cameron or Bharat are helping me very fast and Friendly.

Ok i lost how all people yesterday my Database or (Files)

Ok but shit happends on every service and its my fault that i save not the very important files.

How i say i still stay on Boxslots becouse i Trust Ricky 100% he is a Fair Guy.

my 50 cent;)

again i ask, my forum when will be back agan have all the changes at least dic3? or again my forum going to lose many days before the dic3?

this is the second time you lose my data but this time was all the data?

Edit: boxslots? i lost my forum by your stupidity? i am payin you since more or less 4 months to make my forum, now my forum is gone? if it is there i demand you reembolse my all the money that i give you by www.descargas-planet.com asn if you are decent people you must give me a lot of money for damages and injuries (you make me lost 4 months of my life and work)

PD: boxslots i am not sure if you lose my data i am telling all of this becouse my site is down and i see a lot of people claiming for their lost database.

Last edited:
@DarkAcidBlue

Okay a Host got some problem and lost all the data on servers.

But it is your Data man.. you have to take care of it.. why don't u take backups ?

I was with rapidspeeds and they also ran away.. But I had my full site backup in my PC, Fileserve, Filesonic, Megaupload, Remote FTP... so it's my responsibility to keep my backups 100% Secure.. you should do so now too..

@proxy - Are you Mad ? You had 2 year old site and never took it's backup ? what do u call urself now ? when u are writing something on a paper for 2 years and working hard on writing every word u should have it's photocopies because the original paper can be damaged, can go to water, can get burned.. don't trust the paper.. have photocopies :D

my last backup date of 4 days but remain in the disc of the server

if the client is not good webmaster

boxslots ais did not he should ensure their safety and our security:facepalm:

in SSH do this

mysqldump --opt -u user -p dbname > {path}/backup.sql

at least you should give your 10 minutes in a week to have backups of ur site :)

for example do this

mysqldump --opt -u user -p dbname > {path}/backup.sql

if you have cpanel installed then it will be like this

mysqldump --opt -u cpanelusername -p mysqldbname > /home/cpanelusername/public_html/backup.sql

so if ur cpanel username for ur site is michael then it would be like this

mysqldump --opt -u michael -p michael_dbname > /home/michael/public_html/backup.sql

and u will get the backup saved into the root of ur site :)

u can change the path to whatever u want

thank you, after i do that i can save the file somewhere else. what do i do if i want to restore from a backup?

for restoring use this

mysql -u user -p dbname < {path}/backup.sql

replace the user with the user of where u want to restore the db

replace dbname with the dbname u have created where u want to restore

replace path with the path of the database backup file (.sql file) ( u need to put it into ur server )

----

so if u have created new user in cpanel named "michael" and created a db with name "michael_db" and put the backup file in ur site's root and ur backup file's name is backup.sql then u will use this command..

mysql -u michael -p michael_db < /home/michael/public_html/backup.sql

:)

Well, it took me few hours to restore everything too. Including kloxo settings. But boxslots helped me a lot. Bharat installed kloxo for me because I somehow couldn't make it through (my stupidity). Zack and Ricky are both great too. I haven't got chance to meet with Cameron through tickets yet. :D

doom2011, have you got new VPS details already? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back