• 50-90 percent - who has the time?

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More than 90 percent - literacy is overrated

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Sometimes, I buy a handful of books that I find interesting, and read them slowly (several of them in parallel) over time.

13 comments
I read pretty much only during summer, when I'm bored and have nothing to do. If the book is good, which it most usually is cause I do research before purchasing, I read it in 1-3 sittings. So, my answer is: Zero: I've read them all!

Same thing here, I got a book thats like 95% done but can't find the time to finish it..

I miss reading, I used to read everyday for at least an hour.

ofcourse i do , when i am free, i have like 57 books with me most of them are novels. i love to read <3 also thinking to write a story (its about a tragedy happened with me in my real life)

Well I had a Amazon Kindle for Christmas and have put over 200 books on there at the moment, and only read 1 at the moment.

I read every night, but I do not rush through them, as I like to get every detail.

Books that I have read and recommend:

Darren Shan - All his books
The Hobbit + Lord of the Rings
Johnathan Stroud - Bartimaeus Trilogy
Christopher Paolini - Inheritance Cycle

The poll is still very young, but there are a good number of people whose responses indicate large numbers of book purchases where the books have not been read.

My question is, what is the thought process? Why do you buy books, and presumably continue to buy books that you do not and possibly will not read?

As someone who buys one book at a time and no more until I've finished my most recent purchase, I'm trying to understand.

I bought a lot of books, most are references in Islamic theology / thoughts, jurisprudence, and history... and I took my time since they're mostly references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back