Beware - Domain Appraisal Scam (iCaan.info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

my123world

My journey towards this started when I listed out my domains @ Sedo. If you people are not aware about this already... I wanted to update you with this. So generally, this is how they approach someone -

Message 1

Hello!

My client is an investor from Dubai. He does not speak English and I will help him to purchase your xxxxxxx.com.

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

M. Goldschmidt

Domain Broker

Message 2

Hello Mr. M.Goldschmidt,

I am based in Dubai too so Arabic if that's the language your client speaks wouldn't be a problem. I am looking for a good offer for xxxxxxxxx.com as I have been lately thinking of a website development on it if I don't get something impressive. The domain has a nice catch and certainly is attractive. Give me your client's best shot or you can direct him to me and I do have other domains for sale and I also consider bulk purchases.

Here are my other domains -

some domains were listed here

All of these domains are extremely potential and I am also a webmaster with the knowledge of web designing and development on various platforms and also from root level coding. I can help with the development of these domains too but that would mean extra charges.

BTW, A BIN Price that I had set earlier for the domains were -

Thank you and I am looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Message 3

I cannot direct it to you. In this case I risk not to get my commission.

My client is also interested in

My investor has $180,000 budget for 20-30 domain names. How can we pay you: Credit card/Wire transfer/PayPal or Western Union?

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Best regards,

Michael Goldschmidt

Domain Broker

Switzerland
Basel
am krayenrain 27
Phone: 0041763987736
VPSpace.com Professional Cloud Hosting

Message 4

Hello Mr. Goldschmidt,

If you are looking for a bulk deal or something negotiable do let me know.

Here are a few other domains I have for sale -

A bulk purchase would be the best solution if your client is interested enough.

Thank you & do keep me updated.

Regards.

Message 5

Great! Before we go further my client needs one thing from you:
Please send us an official certificate of market price (appraisal). He needs an appraisal service that also verifies possible trademark infringements. It's important for us to know that your domain has no problems with trademarks. It won't be a problem for you since some official appraisers offer this option (trademark infringement verification) as a bonus to the appraisal service. It will take only 2 minutes to order it.

Without the appraisal we cannot be 100% sure in the final sale price. The appraisal will help determine the true value of your domain's worth so you can maximize profits during the sale. On the other hand, it will minimize our risks too.

To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this: http://answers.google.net/answers/threadview3290169.htm

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the appraisal site and order the valuation with the TM verification. After several hours you will get the results.

2. Send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal.

If you are new to the appraisal process I can help you with a step by step instructions.

This is where I got suspicious as I have definitely dealt in a few domains before and none of them ever asked for this. He suggested me a link - "
http://market.icaan.info/appraisal.htm", That's where I caught him. I am a regular iCann.org and figured out the entire thing. Upon researching more about his website "asp-web-hosting.biz", i got these whois records -

Asp-web-hosting.biz Whois Lookup - Who.is - Who.is
Vpspace.com Whois Lookup - Who.is - Who.is
Swissquake.ch Whois Lookup - Who.is - Who.is

All of them are his domains and he has been using them to scam so many people listing out their domains @ SEDO.com

I wanted to continue this and have some fun... hence..

Message 6

Hello,

Please give me your best offer ASAP as I have some offers with me for the domains without this domain appraisal thing and they are demanding a quick response. Please update me at the earliest.

Thank you.

Message 7

There will be no deal without the appraisal from a source my client trusts. Please don't waste my time. I guess you are not a serious seller. After 2-3 months with no sales you will regret.

Message 8

I just wanted to know why this appraisal service couldn't be done you? This is the first time some dealer has asked me for this. How do we get this forward?

Message 9

I'm not going to pay for appraisals from my small commission. You earn much more on this deal and this is your responsibility. My client is a golden mine. You may lose this great opportunity.

You should order the official service at
http://market.icaan.info/appraisal.htm
They verify trademarks.

Please email them your domains with the comment that you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer and you need the appraisal near this value.

Then you send me the results and I resend them to my investor.

Message 10

Please submit me an authorization report that shows that your client is about to deal with me and I am on deal only if he is ready to pay out 3500$ without an appraisal certificate. 30% of the money should be deposited to my Paypal account before I Transfer all the domains. I can provide you my Government ID copy for a certification nothing more than that.

Regards

Message 11

We will nit deposit a penny. Take it or leave it. I never heard about authorization reports. If you don't trust my word please don't waste my time. I will strongly suggest my buyer to find other domains and more professional domain sellers.

Message 12

https://www.google.ae/?gws_rd=cr&ei=gDxEUpKyMfP64QTPp4HgAg#q=icaan.info+scam

LOL man. Good luck on the try by the way. xD I really appreciate your efforts. :P

Now do one thing, get ready to get *screwed* as I have traced out your exact location and I am about to report it. :)

Sweet Regards.

His Paypal ID Linkage - info@certifiedappraisal.net

A credit card payment linkage -
sites.fastspring.com/accreditedappraisal/product/dnappraisal

=======================================

So yes, I almost got screwed. xD But lucky enough, not. So everyone look out for such guys and stay safe and sell your domains carefully. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back