• HongKong

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Iran

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i was searching for good offshore hosts and found this thread. Im wondering why you guys think NL is great for offshore? I'm about to sign up with this company company called und3rh0st based in NL. But im also looking for other options too. Any reason why sweden is good, and what hosts are good there? I dont wanna to Russia cuz i hear they're way too expensive and i hear theyre a little too shady

You guys are crazzzzyyyy and clearly don't know what you're talking about lol.

If your hosted in NL or DE, you can still be taken down for warez.

It is still against NL laws to host warez, and BREIN which happens to be one of the biggest anti piracy groups now aims for nl based sites.. But if you don't live in netherlands you will just get a notice to shutdown or your hosting will be suspended, if you're not big then charges will not be laid against you as you're in a different country. I should mention, NL probably has the best servers and connection speeds with the least strict laws on piracy.
Germany is worse, they have laws that prohibit much more then warez, like security software (even opensource), they're a modern country like USA, with similar rules. Estonia, russia, ukraine and iran all have shitty anti piracy groups that can't be bothered to take you down, they have enough to deal with dealing with their country. With that said, expect shitty servers, shitty connections and scams..

HK, i dont know the deal for sure, but since big sites like katz and warez-bb hosted there for a while (unless they still are) it seems pretty safe and your site will stay up. But they are shit expensive.

Once again, the point of offshore hosting isn't to keep your website up forever, but to save your ass from being sued and going to jail.

lol @ everyone picking Netherlands. Isn't piratebay in Netherlands and look @ what happened to the owners. Hong-kong FTW! Hong Kong is the best! you go there and the shops are all full of knock offs and pirated dvds. Now that's a country you know it's safe to host warez stuff. if they are after inf ringers. they'd go after people in the shops selling them first

Actually you start off your site you can start off in the netherlands but as your site gets bigger you move out, and why would you go with a company called und3rh0st?
sounds like a 3 yrd old kid who had broken letters on his keyboard and decided to use numbers

I life in Germany and Germany is not a Offshore Location.

Germany is very hard too Warez hosting and linking

merry xmas

Ironically, one of the worst places to host warez sites is the netherlands.

People only vote it because of popular belief that its 'safe', really it isn't, not at all.
One guy decided to sell hosting there once and call it "offshore", then everyone else followed, in reality its no better than any other EU country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back