Status
Not open for further replies.

kakagi

hello i need ur kind help please.

my site is hackerz-bb.info.

onething i wld like to ask u that my board uses phpbb3(with couple of mods)
we are 3 star rated site from starting(dec -08) and get 40-50 user online alltime.

but my board is consuming daily 3-4 gb bandwidth which i think is abnormal for starter site like this.
is this amount of BW usuage is normal? i run out of BW few days ago.

currently i have 50 gb bw package. is anything wrong in my site which is using high bandwidth or we r facing any ddos?
i m facing this problem for the start of this month. please i need help.
please help me :(

http://hackerz-bb.info/

i have already enabled gzip.
people upload thier own avatar sinature
min avatar dimension 70*70
max avatar dimension 125*125
max signature length 255 character
max signature image width:400
Maximum signature image height:150

i have installed couple of mods like ajax chat. recent topic on index and few more.
and i have nothing more than forum.

please help me.

8 comments
Don't let people upload their own avatars. Have them just link to external links such as tinypic.com

Hmm other then that... Maybe your just getting some high traffic? Can't really tell

hi,

u r running a phpbb3.. then make sure u Resynchronise or reset statistics once in a while. then go to maintenance tab and clear Forum logs regularly. I think your mods are using alot of sql queries. so contact your hosting provided asking what is your mysql query limit. If it's 75,000/hr, make it as 150,000/hr. Then your board will be fast enough

Elite

try to limit avatars to 50K and signatures to 100k and make everyone post thumbnail instead of full images.

and host them externally as everybody told you here earlier.

Put your site name on every image you host for your forum to prevent leeching it
or apply this
http://www.wjunction.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1732

Check out if someone DDos your site or not.

All of these could abuse your bandwidth.

If everything fine, then your host play with you and want you pay extra bandwidth fees.

there are 2 reasons mate.. one is bandwidth and another thing is sql which makes your site slow. contact your hosting provider to increase your query limit. you cant do that in your cpanel

Elite

@ elitepirate ok i submitted a ticket to imack regarding this waiting for his reply.
and thanx to prince i do all the settings u say and lets see the result.

and how can i recognize or find that my site is being ddos attacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back