Status
Not open for further replies.

shockwavekunal51

Hi friends,
Its very easy for you guys.But I actually forgot.
Since after a long time I am using a vb.
So can any1 tell me how to do I take a backup of my post and the threads created on forum which even contains attachments.
I am currently using vb 4.1.3 and want to upgrade to 4.1.4.
So can any1 tell me the procedure to take the backup of the post and threads and restore them after upgrading it.
Thank You.Please do help me.

15 comments
To backup your files/db

Go into cPanel and find the "FILES" section,

Click on "Backups",

Either select the database name (This will autodownload to your PC)

Or

Click "Download or Generate a Full Website Backup"

Click "Generate Backup"

Go back to "Home Screen"

Go into "File Manager"

Click "Home"

You will find you backup file there when it has completed.

Double click it to download it to your PC, job done, then just delete the file from your server.

To restore your db:-

From cpanel, select "phpmyadmin"

Select your database on the left hand side.

Click "Import" and then browse to the sql file (previously downloaded)

Then click "GO" the db backup will then be imported into your db. (you will lose any new threads/posts that have been made after your backup.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
so this backup consists of all the posts and the threads and the user registrationa and event the attachments which are done on the forum right.....

well, first backup as described above. download the backup to your pc. update vBulletin by following the instructions. if something fails, restore.otherwise continue using :)

i have taken the backup brother...
Now i am upgrading it...so when upgrading ....i dont have to create new forum and subforum...right....everything which i created forums and subforums....will be as it is as it was before....right ...all the post and everything will be the same right..

ya so after upgrading ....the forums so called as movies,apps and everything....
That i dont need to do again....right and all the post and threads will be there as it is.

I'll give you a Tip-
While making backup of your Database, make sure the backup is COMPLETE!
Just open the SQL file and check if there are all Tables as in your Database!
This is because i have lost my Database for the same reason. I thought phpmyadmin will export the database correctly. So i had made a backup! After which I lost all my Data. When i tried to use my Backup, i found that the DB was only 40% of the real DB! So due to that I have lost my Posts,Threads and almost everything else!
Damn! I hate it when this happens :/

4.1.5 is stable enough if you are a Legit vBulletin user! If you are using Nulled vB, then its better to go for 4.1.4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back