• Yes!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac_

Like the title says. GDPR hits tomorrow. Are your websites compliant?

Lets discuss here. Feel free to ask any questions or help.

12 comments
I have small reselling host,and right now making changes in Privacy and Policy,and i really hope that will be enough for site to be compliant.

Feel free to share the link, I can have a look.
However it doesnt stop at the privacy policy. You need to keep a record whenever you process personal data.

If you run a small site I wouldn't be too worried about it TBH. At least not initially. While it applies to all sites this is mostly aimed at the big ones that collect and profit from user data such as social media, Google, MS, etc.

I am moving all remaining data to servers in Canada currently, so GDPR will take much lesser effects on us and our data is pretty much anonymized.

I personally take EU all steps on my middle finger, ;) which goes against my own rules and interference in my acts, this will simply takes too much loss to business and investments to bodies which related to in any term with EU..

I am moving all remaining data to servers in Canada currently, so GDPR will take much lesser effects on us and our data is pretty much anonymized.

From what I understand GDPR applies to all EU citizens. Where the data is actually located is irrelevant.

I personally take EU all steps on my middle finger, ;) which goes against my own rules and interference in my acts, this will simply takes too much loss to business and investments to bodies which related to in any term with EU..

GDPR is a big step in the right direction though, unlike that stupid law that forces sites to display a cookie/tracking notice.

By the data anonymized, i mean, there is no data of the vistors or uploaders. Not even IPs are logged. So its GDPR-compliant now, i just add an accept cookie notice. Actually, the uploaders have to "accept" the GDPR agreements with us automatically now by default, on every upload.

Its even worse for service providers, like hosting companies & IT providers. My company falls under both categories and the contracts are scary to say the least.
According to the law, the client (company that provides us with data) has to be informed about technical measurements that our company takes to prevent data loss (quite logical) but now I also have to allow my clients to inspect our working sites at any time during work hours.

Yes, I have a small to medium company but it still is scary as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back