Advice needed on coding/design

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrysimicart

[FONT=&quot]Hi all[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a website working well already, albeit a bit basic.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want to have a link from it that does the following:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Its essentially a Forum that allows people to comment against picture, (very old genealogy ones)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have the SQL side working using a dummy forms.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want it to be dynamic, in case I decide to add photos, but new photos would only be added by the administrator, this bit also works.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have the file name and path in the SQL database, and the photos in a sub folder of my server.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Currently there are two hundred photos, but this could increase.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My thoughts are: have the photos shown in a scrollable page, but at the lower thumbstyle resolution, if the image is clicked, it opens up the full sized image and also the data entry fields for the fotum.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As I said I want it to be dymamic, where the photo is shown on screen based on a variable, rather than hard coded.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any pointers gratefully accepted, or even code snippets, however I do want to do this myself, as its the only way to learn.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

2 comments
Add a "sorting column" type int to your photo table. Query the fotos like "SELECT * FROM photos ORDER BY sorting asc". The lower the number the higher it is shown on the side

Check out: github .com/sachinchoolur/lightGallery
It is a great library for Galleries and displaying images for the frontend. For the backend I would take a look at Laravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back