Status
Not open for further replies.

huggybear

I'm an Indian & the option to add funds to my Paypal account is not available anymore now. Is there any way I could add funds to Paypal because I need to buy something with Paypal ?

If someone sends me funds to my account, that is also auto-withdrawn within 24 hours and this cannot be stopped too.

Is there any way I can use my Paypal account for buying ?

16 comments
Have you tried to add credit card to your account?Once you have added credit card to your account you can buy through paypal using the attached card.

It is the only way to buy anything using paypal in India.

Regards

Last edited:
If you pay with debit card through Paypal add 3.4% + 0.35 per transaction.

So consider to have Paypal balance if you wanna avoid comissions while doing payments.

BJ@008: Thanks a lot for answering.
I guess my debit card can be used too , in this regard.

PerMaFrOsT: How to have Paypal balance if I don't have any method to add funds to my account except the attached credit/debit card ?

BJ@008: Thanks a lot for answering.
I guess my debit card can be used too , in this regard.

Hello,

I am sorry to say but at the moment most Indian debit card does not work with Paypal.That's because Paypal don't support "Verified By Visa" or "MasterCard Secure Code". Which is required in order to make any eCommerce transaction in India with debit card.

Regards

If you want to use PayPal for online transactions (being an Indian), you have to attach a Credit card to your account. Else you can't use it for transactions (i.e. buying stuffs online etc).

But you can still add a debit card/bank account for withdrawal purposes only.

Thanks Froomple, I have already attached my bank account where all my Paypal balance is auto-withdrawn.
I am not currently a credit card holder but I do have a debit card. So probably I cannot buy anything ever with Paypal.
Don't understand why this bar is on the Indian users. The usefulness of the concept of Paypal is halved with this restriction.

Thanks Froomple, I have already attached my bank account where all my Paypal balance is auto-withdrawn.
I am not currently a credit card holder but I do have a debit card. So probably I cannot buy anything ever with Paypal.
Don't understand why this bar is on the Indian users. The usefulness of the concept of Paypal is halved with this restriction.
Well, the RBI levies taxes on these companies. PayPal doesn't want to pay them, (or w.e. the issue is), hence they have had this limits on Indian users.

You can learn more about this issue:
http://www.medianama.com/2011/02/223-paypal-rbi-notification-india/
http://trak.in/tags/business/2011/01/29/paypal-money-transfer-india-usd-500/
http://homepreneur-online.com/my-pe...sue-transaction-limit-raised-from-500-to-3000

Only leaving SBI cards on side you can use any debit card to purchase stuffs using PayPal , am using ICICI , Axis and HDFC since 6 years without any issue .

About the bar , well you know how our Govt. is ? PayPal restrictions were only made so that they can calculate how much incoming/outgoing are done using PayPal and they can permit an Tax rules over the same .

Tax = Money = Govt. Aim Accomplished .

For now you can't pay using PayPal balance anymore in "India" , Just use any private bank Debit Card/Credit Card to complete your online purchases using PayPal .

Meanwhile , few weeks ago i just called PayPal to ask what's going on with the matter with RBI so they said maybe the RBI will give a green light this time to enable all PayPal functionality in India , so expecting a good overcome in coming months .

I hope for the positive too it would make the online life easier.
Not really comfortable to purchase something directly with debit cards & Paypal is easier to trust.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Thanks Bharat.

What I did is -

I added my Debit Card at my Paypal account.
Now I can store my earn money on my paypal account. Because auto withdrawal is STOPPED on Indian account. So I can use my paypal balance. But if you see still you got auto withdraw.. mail the Paypal India or go to Profile > Edit > Money > Stop Auto withdraw (Only for Indian paypal)

Thanks

Hi Guys

I take online payments using paypal and wondering if there are better cheaper alternatives. I'm also not sure it send out a professional image, although of course it is trusted and well recognised.

Welcome any thoughts

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back