Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't bashing your suggestion, if you haven't noticed, I tried to show you the steps to make it so that XenForo can be a sub-forum. The last 2 posts were to your comments regarding XenForo being better than IPB and vBulletin (which it is not, nor will it ever be). I said the exact same thing as JmZ/Myth, but in different words.

vBulletin 4.x has been a disaster since it was released as a closed alpha version - I know this because I was on the alpha testing team. vBulletin went gold way before it was ready and as a result customers became (and still are) furious. A HUGE percentage of xenForo customers are those who "defected" (if you will) from vBulletin.

Granted I'm not familiar with IPB behind the scenes, so I cannot comment on that. I'm quite familiar with vBulletin and xenForo - It's apparent you're an IPB fanboy and good for you. I'm still a vBFangirl and hoping the current owners can salvage what has become a really bad joke ((most all new releases having been to fix bugs and/or add laughable functionality in a lame attempt to get mo money mo money, meanwhile the bogus lawsuit against xenForo is leaving a bad taste in the mouths of those who champion fair competition...)). I'm not very optimistic about vB... I love it though...

On the otherhand - having worked extensively on a few boards running xenForo - I have nothing but admiration for the software. And after reading your posts here in this thread though - I begin to wonder if you are familiar with either vBulletin or xenForo...

I'm not going to go back and forth trying to argue opinions. Unless you're going to bring up any facts, don't bother trying to engage in a XenForo is better than IPB argument with me. XenForo has not introduced a single feature which IPB doesn't have.

How can you even compare an 8 year old company (IPB) to a 1 year old company (Xenforo) :facepalm:

Obviously IPB will have more mods, themes, customers build up all these years. It's just about having a discussion section for Xenforo. And the guy who created this thread joined this month and must have not known that their are very few xenforo threads here. <_<

And didn't I tell him that before he went off saying XenFore is the greatest?

My previous reply was just quoting your statements saying IPB has tons of mods and themes compared to Xen
And, I can't find where he mentioned that Xenforo is the greatest before your reply (Also, XenForo is not going anywhere, it is awful.)

And didn't I tell him that before he went off saying XenFore is the greatest?

It's she in case you didn't bother to know - now you know...
bettyboop.gif

And also - it was you who went off on the "XenForo is not going anywhere, it is awful." tirade. Kinda started a flame thang, which was totally unnecessary and more than a bit sordid, but whatever.

Next....

hahaha - funny thing I saw earlier - probably applies...
fb3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back