Status
Not open for further replies.
27 comments
First off, you should read this and suggest it as a prefix. If there are enough topics about it, I'm sure the admins will make a forum for it, but as of now I don't see a single topic concerning XenForo in the first 10 pages.

... but as of now I don't see a single topic concerning XenForo in the first 10 pages.

Perhaps that may be because there is no section for it?

There are other major forum scripts represented in that section, so why not xenForo? xenForo is turning out to be a major player. Anyway - it's just a suggestion = thanks for commenting :)

J.

There is a section for it and it's called Web Apps/Script Support.

There is no section for it.
This is why my suggestion is specifically for xenForo's own sub-forum within the Web Application/Script Support section.

Hmmm - I do note that there is no dedicated sub-forums for SMF either, which is more popular than xF, but arguably lesser quality application. Yeah - probably not a good suggestion haha...unless xF continues its climb to the top and more folks appreciate it - in which case a dedicated sub-forum might become necessary :D

J.

160 websites is not a whole lot... ipb and vb have little over 100,000+ sites...

If you use xenforo then just get support from the general scripts forum.. we dont need a sub forum just for you and 3 other people

lol - but I'm special - forget the other 3.
How about a sub-forum just for me
yay2.gif

160 websites is not a whole lot... ipb and vb have little over 100,000+ sites...

If you use xenforo then just get support from the general scripts forum.. we dont need a sub forum just for you and 3 other people
Where did you get that figure from? There are a hell of a lot more xenforo sites than 160.

Hmmm - I do note that there is no dedicated sub-forums for SMF either, which is more popular than xF, but arguably lesser quality application. Yeah - probably not a good suggestion haha...unless xF continues its climb to the top and more folks appreciate it - in which case a dedicated sub-forum might become necessary :D

J.

What use is there creating sub-forums when there'd be 2 topics in it per month? SMF/XenForo obviously aren't used as much because there aren't many topics about them in the Web Apps/Support forum. Also, XenForo is not going anywhere, it is awful. They might have 1,000 users, but that's nothing compared to the millions that IPB/vB have.

Also, XenForo is not going anywhere, it is awful.

Ah - and thus the reason you are sure xenForo doesn't deserve it's own section. But you are wrong ((I know it's your opinion - but you're still wrong)). Xenforo is likely the most innovative forum software to be developed in years and years and years.

If you knew anything about online interactive software -- which from the gist of your post - you don't -- then you would never say that xF is "awful" - in fact - you are probably the first person I've ever known to say xenForo is awful.

Anyway - the consensus here says that xenforo doesn't need it's own section. Perhaps a WJ staff member will happen by this thread, state an "official" opinion already, and close the thread.

J.

btw - your site http://wnation.org/ is not connecting to server. You may want to check on that...

I don't own/run warez sites anymore, so idc about wnation. It's awful because it has very limited themes, it offers nothing new and/or better than IPB/vBulletin. IPB is the clearcut leader in terms of innovation and customer satisfaction.

Funny. I work with quite a lot of forum owners - I've heard nothing but positive feedback since xenForo plopped on the scene... Well - I've heard folks complain that the featureset is sparse - but that's to be expected with a brandnew forum software. Besides - there's the community of coders who share added functionality.

As for offering better: The hate vB license holders have for the 4.x series vBulletin is thicker than rotten butter. IPB is better in terms of customer satisfaction. xF has a growing memberbase - the bulk of them (I'd say at least 90%) have voiced nothing but appraisal for to Kier and the xenForo team.

You only need to browse http://xenforo.com/community/ - register and participate in a couple of threads there and you'll see that in terms of innovation and "newness" -- xF has both vB and IPB beat. That's my opinion anyway - despite the limited themes. Besides - a forum should have its own custom theme anyway...

Okay... I'm rambling... I truly didn't mean to turn this into a "the forum software I like is better than yours!" type of argument - Simply wanted to make a suggestion which I feel is valid...

J.

btw - your profile homepage links to http://wnation.org/

If this is your idea of innovation, I feel sorry for you:

[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/nV0eN.png[/SLIDE]

That whole "Have you seen....?" forum is a joke. He's copying all the features from vBulletin/IPB and trying to feed it to you as if he created them.

User Warning in XenForo 1.1 - Taken from IPB
Custon User Fields - Taken from IPB
Admin Control Panel Search - Taken from IPB

You must either be trolling or really confused with the word 'innovation'.

It's a sweet upcoming script? That's irrelevant, this thing doesn't need a section. Post your stuff in the main section.

If this is your idea of innovation, I feel sorry for you:

[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/nV0eN.png[/SLIDE]

That whole "Have you seen....?" forum is a joke. He's copying all the features from vBulletin/IPB and trying to feed it to you as if he created them.

User Warning in XenForo 1.1 - Taken from IPB
Custon User Fields - Taken from IPB
Admin Control Panel Search - Taken from IPB

You must either be trolling or really confused with the word 'innovation'.
Okay - now you are insulting me personally? That's rather childish and I am not a fuckin troll. What's wrong with you? You seem to be the one trolling the thread. I made a suggestion - you hate the suggestion again and again and again. We get the point.

And now you're saying that IPB has a market on forum features? Seriously? vBulletin has an infraction system, semi-search functionality. Custom user fields were available in vB 3.5 ==> Anyone can code a modification for such similar functionality. It's functionality that any and all premium software should have. And you're crying, "Copycat!" seriously.... Whatever dude.

It's a sweet upcoming script? That's irrelevant, this thing doesn't need a section. Post your stuff in the main section.
Agreed. Now we can all move on and stop bashing the suggestion. Afterall - isn't making suggestions EXACTLY what a feedback/suggestions forum is all about?!? Wow!
wildeyed.gif

J.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back