Status
Not open for further replies.

bxflow

I didn't find no threads on this on wjunction...

I am sure most of you guys know about adbrite since most of you guys have used them in your sites. Well they seem to be looking for a buyer for their company but apparently they have failed and they have no choice but to shut down. Not sure if publishers with money in their accounts will be paid. They have sent E-mails out. Here is an article about it:

Talks Fell Through, So Ad Exchange AdBrite Shuts Down

Advertising exchange AdBrite is shutting down, after an attempt to find a buyer for the company failed.

CEO Hardeep Bindra is telling partners that the company, which has 26 employees, will close by the end of the month, and is selling off its assets. In an interview, Bindra says he had been trying to sell off the entire company, but sales talks “unfortunately fell through a couple weeks ago.”

AdBrite raised a reported $40 million since 2004, much of it from Sequoia Capital. It was best known for many years as the creation of Philip Kaplan, who had achieved notoriety during the end of the Web 1.0 boom for his FuckedCompany site.
For years the company described itself as the “largest independent ad exchange, rivaling Google and Yahoo.”

But that kind of designation doesn’t mean a whole lot right now, and the ad exchange market is dominated by a handful of large players (you can also add newcomer AppNexus to the mix, as well as Facebook’s newly hatched FBX). Bindra, who joined AdBrite last April after working on Yahoo’s ad exchange, says his marching orders at the time were to set the company up for a sale.

17 comments
I saw it coming long time ago. Their policies were pathetic, payments miniscule, innovation ha WTH is that
Good riddance

Used them once.. They're a big disappointment, They payed pretty less & should have updated with time i guess.

We can imagine this will definitely create a wave in the industry and are already seeing publishers who are quickly looking for alternatives. Which platforms are you guys considering?

I'm sure they will figure something out, they have to make sure every publisher receives his pending payments.
@msk19994, what platform are you looking into now? Did you use any other ad platform together with AdBrite?

I'm sure they will figure something out, they have to make sure every publisher receives his pending payments.
@msk19994, what platform are you looking into now? Did you use any other ad platform together with AdBrite?

Yeah i just kept them ať 0.5 Cpm and ram backup adds so more than 80,percent backup ads are showing

I've noticed the shitty unwanted spam (email/tickets) of tiny, unwanted, non-professional ad publishers has increased....thanks Qadabra (posting in this thread) for being one of them :/

Let's see if they will pay , and when and how... taking into account the net60 policy.

One thing for certain , the payments for January haven't been made ;) so...

But altough this , I doubt they will just run away with the money. If an advertiser as big as AB/BLA does this it's a dangerous precedent

they have been around for some time so I feel they should pay but there will not be big surprise if they don't pay most companies do not pay remaining when they close

blacklabel

I had over 2k in unpaid $ in my blacklabelads account... Since I have heard nothing and haven't gotten my regular scheduled January check yet.. I'm holding out little hope of ever being paid.

I remember when etology closed I never got paid, but adbrite was a way bigger company and I can't imagine how many people are holding out hope right now of getting their money.

Anyone get an answer through the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back