A good smartphone worth $350? Suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arc S is far out of his budget...how can you compare the Lumia 710 with Arc S...in that way i can even compare the Nokia 1100 with the iPhone 4S

What i was trying to tell you basically Android is better then other OS.
Arc S: Android OS, v2.3.4 (Gingerbread), planned upgrade to v4.0
and
Lumina 710:
Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

you are wrong dude
Android lags and is less stable infact the Galaxy S II lags on the mighty specs it got ever seen a WP7 lag i doubt it and android is for those guys who has enough time to do all those customization and other hacking stuffs, WP7 is already customized with the best possible user experience and Android have shit battery life
what about the Arc S after it gets the ice-cream update which i doubt it will get untIl next year Q3...you have to rely on Custom ROMS which are all shit and what about the quality of apps in the Android Market...90% sucks big time...

the OP should get a Windows Phone...simple as that

i willnot go into specific handsets but rather what makes the handsets work the system and support.
Nokia is full of Sh*t and the fact that most of their handset uses apps from ovi store which is a child company of nokia tells one how shitty it will remain.
fact 2 is that most nokia uses custom os which is hardcoded to the chips and any attemt to root it will be a total failure unless u are a rocket electronics scientist...
Iphones are good I havent had much with it but based on popularity i can say they area safe bet if you want to blindly buy a good smart phone.

smart phones running windows mobile or ce are also good. if ur working and have alot off typing to do home and away i suggest any windows based smart phone but what is the essence of carryin your office everywhere yet its games are so dumb

now the great ones are Android 2.2 + running or Blackberrys infact with the cheapest of the androids u can manage ur website ban stupid users (lol) and move threads etc etc... also its open source hence if youare bored you can root your smartphones OS then tweak it a bit (but most end upruining it this way) and again being linux based you can walk around the system and find how to make it unique to your taste. again there are alot of apps online to support androids infact there are close to 5 sites which offer downloads of apps other than the android market place and appbrain...
Now blackberry is another goldmine. its too goood to pass with gizmos which are loaded within it you can take down the etire internet if you want to using a blackberry. its internetworking speeds are off the charts and it gets better its also supported by a large community ence lots of apps :) downside... Hardcoded OS

hope this will make your decision easier

For the dickheads suggesting iPhone 4s @ $350, OP resides in India so there aren't any contracts here and iPhone 4s Unlocked is $699 I guess so <_<

Your best bet would be to get a decent Android Phone in that Budget.. Stay away from Nokia.. it would land you nowhere in a couple of years.

For the dickheads suggesting iPhone 4s @ $350, OP resides in India so there aren't any contracts here and iPhone 4s Unlocked is $699 I guess so <_<

Your best bet would be to get a decent Android Phone in that Budget.. Stay away from Nokia.. it would land you nowhere in a couple of years.

iPhone 4S= $850 -_-

The nokia 3310 is pretty decent, I think you can get it quite cheap nowadays as well. Solid phone.

Yeah! solid........Solid,Huge and ugly you can almost use it as a weapon in brawls.or it may even come in handy if you want to trash someones windscreen and the best part is that it will survive!

I just googled it and read of a case in Kenya where it survived the passage through a pigs digestive system after being "accidentaly" ingested
:lol:

if you intend to swallow your phone i guess this is a good bet...

There are some good second hand phones up on ebay, for that same price or less. Take a look. I brought a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.

mate i personally own

Galaxy S i9000----Android usefull free apps and games but not that great build quality:'( i had to use it very carefully i had to use a case for protection

HTC HD7 ------- new os .... moslty paid apps / games / build quality Great ... but right now not that much of usefull apps like skype and many more

Iphone 4-----------build quality great .... good phone ...... but try to use factory unlocked... as for 4s .... if u enable voice command .. it will pretty much unable to use it ...phone become soo damn heavy .. had to sell my 4s:'(

Blackberry 9780 ...... great phone .... great build quality .... greatttt battery timing .... limited apps

in the end ......... its totally up to u what u basically need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back