720p HD Movies are not playing smoothly - What could be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur

Hello,

I have these specs PC.

aeb97fb953ac6b510d81125f0fd36b0a.jpg

And i am having 24', 3 series SAMSUNG LED (1900x1080). Whenever i play some HD movies 720p or 1080p, it keeps lagging during movie? What is the reason? I have tried different player e.g. KMP. VLC, WMP etc but in vain.

Should i increase RAM or what? I am not having any external card. This is what i have built in my motherboard. I think this is GFX card issue as my LED contains the HDMI port but i am connected through VGA as i don't have HDMI port in my computer. I use HDMI port for my PS3.

6cd5c2e17f6ce369e9ab4f2d45388699.jpg

Did you ever face this issue? if yes then kindly share your experience that how to solve this issue.

Thank you!

8 comments
Something is misconfigured. I play 1080p smoothly on netbook, which is like 5X slower.
Btw, always use VLC. Also, there's an option in there, to play using GFX hardware (GPU) so check that option.

try with splash player , it can take advantage of graphics card to make the videos play smoother. Though the graphics card is not at-all powerful. Take HD6700M or better graphics card for your laptop . Ask the retailer if the card will support or not.

Try installing the latest drivers for your graphic card, that might solve your problem. Because I see on you screenshot that you are running an outdated driver from 2008. And I highly recommend using VLC Media Player to watch movies, I am using it for a few years now, always runs fine and no problems. :)

Here is your Solution:

http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Install Full or Basic dont care you will see its ^working after that Fine.

Maybe you have to restart but this will fix your Problem for sure ;)

I did some research on this issue and somewhere i found your solution. I tried and installed Full version of Klite Codec Pack. After that i played movies on Window Media Player Classic and believe me it worked like a charm :smokin:.

It was some codec issue and right now everything is fine. Thanks deadmau for your help and everyone for your suggestion & experience. My problem has been solved. This topic can be locked now.

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back