it really sucks
most of them are webmasters
and we know to keep password safe
i don't even change my mail passwords for years
this is some thing annoying
why forcing us to do things :-\

ps

i love wj very much

I am sure you can understand why we have forced the change after a set number of days, we could increase the days to say 365 days? It shouldn't be as annoying then.

I haven't experienced it yet but 365 days would be good, we're all experienced webmasters on this forum, we should know how to keep our password safe.

I'd like to see an option for users to disable it, after all it's our own responsibility to keep passwords safe. Though if not Hawks idea of extending it to 1 year is good enough.

I am sure you can understand why we have forced the change after a set number of days, we could increase the days to say 365 days? It shouldn't be as annoying then.

or just leave it enabled as default (30 days) with an option to disable it if we get "brute forced" its our responsibility.

I've changed it to a year for now. A plugin must be created if we want users to enable/disable the feature, we'll implement it shortly.

Thanks

it really sucks
most of them are webmasters
and we know to keep password safe
i don't even change my mail passwords for years
this is some thing annoying
why forcing us to do things :-\

ps

i love wj very much
Well I gotta disagree here. Most of the WJ users are hardly webmasters unless you count "uploaders," forum posters of Softaculous/Fantastico point and click blog installers as webmasters. They're new or lack webmaster/personal security/general know-how knowledge. Look around.

Not meaning to put anyone down. This isn't a bad thing. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Might as well just disable it if it's set to once every 365 days.

I've changed it to a year for now. A plugin must be created if we want users to enable/disable the feature, we'll implement it shortly.

Thanks

It is better to keep it to 90/120 days. We have many people on here who cannot manage passwords well. And there is always the risk of compromised accounts - is this not the reason we enabled this feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back