5GBps.com - 1GBps Unmetered VPS, Windows/Linux, HDD/SSD, DDoS Protected-from $29 (EU)

Big space RAID10 SATA3 or ultra fast RAID10 SSD with smaller space?

• RAID10 SATA3

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • RAID10 SSD

Votes: 49 52.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
currently we don't have plans to add btc. we have plans to add perfect money this week as well as webmoney automated payments too. we currenly offer webmoney manual payments.

Hello bluee,

Your VPS has been unsuspended. Please check the status of the invoice after paying. Sometimes PayPal IPN doesn't works and payments are not confirmed instantly.

Regards,
Gabe - 5Gbps.com Support

@souza, depending on plan you want to buy, we can offer you discounts. just open a ticket or enter on our live chat system and our staff will offer you a great price :)

@Mr.MM PM answered :)

@ancientalex; Leray : We are able to block up to 400Gbps attacks, using personalized mitigation solution based on Riorey and IDS. Bulk protection is provided by Voxility's cloud filtering solution. Any attack that pass their filtering solution is blocked by our advanced Riorey and IDS solution. We filter almost any attack type, starting from high bandwidth DNS, CHARGEN and other Reflected and Amplificated attacks and ending with low bandwidth Layer 7 attacks. Our DDoS Protected VPS plans are recommended for webhosts, game servers, camfrog, mc, but can be used for any other service. We are working together with our clients to improove our firewalls and make them effective, on any application.

We moved our hosting to 5gbps almost 1 month ago now. It's been very mixed, sometimes things are very good. But we have had a lot of problems as well.

We report all problems we have to them, and response time is sometimes an hour, but sometimes days.

Right now for instance, we have been going down and coming back up again all weekend. We have replied to existing tickets and opened new ones, and have not had a reply.

We have luckily only paid for one month, our next payment is due on the 7th and we will certainly be moving away.

Is this the right place to complain, or should I have written this as a review? I would also like to post either a screenshot or a pastebin of our support ticket logs, but I will wait until we have completed our move first.

hello webjoe. can i have a ticket id of yours? your affirmation that responses taked more than 1 day to arrive is not true. we have specific internal rules with our support staff to not have tickets updated more than 12 hours before a staff answer. tickets response can be delayed if you update the ticket many times, because each time you update a ticket the priority is reset. also opening multiple tickets will slow down response. also keep in mind that we have to investigate your problems before giving a response. also some problems cannot be fixed in 10 minutes if custom rules should be applied to firewalls or things like this. what kind of problems do you have with your vps with us more exactly? i would be happy to help you.

Last edited:
hello webjoe. can i have a ticket id of yours? your affirmation that responses taked more than 1 day to arrive is not true. we have specific internal rules with our support staff to not have tickets updated more than 12 hours before a staff answer. tickets response can be delayed if you update the ticket many times, because each time you update a ticket the priority is reset. also opening multiple tickets will slow down response. also keep in mind that we have to investigate your problems before giving a response. also some problems cannot be fixed in 10 minutes if custom rules should be applied to firewalls or things like this. what kind of problems do you have with your vps with us more exactly? i would be happy to help you.

Hello and thanks for coming back to me. Basically everything will be working fine, and out of no-where all users will lose connection to our streaming server which you are hosting. They will then regain and lose connection continuously for many hours. This seems to happen most often in the morning.

I would describe it as if we are being throttled, things cannot return to normal because everything is so slow.

Sometimes our server just goes offline all together, and we have no access to it at all. We cannot get in touch with anyone there, we get no reply. We check on the Solus panel and it just says offline.

We have had a ticket open with yourselves since November (I've tried to keep it all within one ticket), and you can see for yourself what it looks like. The ticket ID is: #857315

Here is a screenshot for the recent issue: http://i.imgur.com/udbFckv.png

EDIT:
Support have literally just contacted me, they are saying they don't know what is going on. I did mess up the time zones on the my screenshot so my apologies please deduct 2 hours from the timestamp at the top.
They have come back and said "Are you sure it is down?" :)

Last edited:
@webjoe: i have checked this ticket with our staff. we have checked your vps status. it is true it was offline for couple minutes, not being accessible via solusvm, because one of the clients having a vps on the same node, was sending ddos from his VPS. we have suspended it and everything went back to normal. from your responses, looks like our firewall blocked some legit traffic. we need to tune the firewalls in order to get best results. there is no perfect firewall who knows to sort out any kind of traffic. we need to know what application do you run on your vps, what ports do you use, port types and some details about your problems, like traceroute from where your vps is inaccessible, latency, etc. Your report is unclear. We can't guess what do you mean with "lagged out". Our test results are looking good. The server is accessible, was accessible and had no downtime, except couple minutes, because a client sending ddos from his vps hosted on the same node. We generally put low priority on tickets like yours, because there are many clients reporting inexistent problems, or problems caused by bad configurations on their side.

PS: Our staff asked you if you are sure that the VPS is down, because your VPS looks Online and accessible from our side. Also we had no alert about your IP in last 24 hours.

Last edited:
@webjoe: i have checked this ticket with our staff. we have checked your vps status. it is true it was offline for couple minutes, not being accessible via solusvm, because one of the clients having a vps on the same node, was sending ddos from his VPS. we have suspended it and everything went back to normal. from your responses, looks like our firewall blocked some legit traffic. we need to tune the firewalls in order to get best results. there is no perfect firewall who knows to sort out any kind of traffic. we need to know what application do you run on your vps, what ports do you use, port types and some details about your problems, like traceroute from where your vps is inaccessible, latency, etc. Your report is unclear. We can't guess what do you mean with "lagged out". Our test results are looking good. The server is accessible, was accessible and had no downtime, except couple minutes, because a client sending ddos from his vps hosted on the same node. We generally put low priority on tickets like yours, because there are many clients reporting inexistent problems, or problems caused by bad configurations on their side.

PS: Our staff asked you if you are sure that the VPS is down, because your VPS looks Online and accessible from our side. Also we had no alert about your IP in last 24 hours.

Hello, and thanks for the reply again. Yes we have already attempted to tune your firewall twice already. This was a case of me reporting to support the services we were using and the protocols required.

Both times did result in a much improved service. In fact things were absolutely brilliant last week after your security engineer tuned things for us. It was only on Friday when things started getting worse again.

I have tried to be descriptive with what "lagged-out" means. Basically everyone loses connection to the server. Or their speed will drop significantly. Sometimes it will go off completely, sometimes for hours and I cannot even ssh into it or ping the IP.

I'm not sure why we keep going backwards with this, also the issues with SolusVM (Control Panel). Why has it not shown the bandwidth usage in over at week? It has more than once shown my server as offline, even though I am connected using it. Could there be a problem with this, because I still have not had an answer 2 days later.

Besides, if your VPS management (whatever it is) doesn't work correctly, how can you be sure it would even send out notifications?

@webjoe: If only part of clients are unable to connect to the VPS, most likely it's a problem with route/path to/from the vps to/from the client. That's why we need a traceroute to the vps from an affected client. About the bandwidth, it is UNMETERED. This means we don't METER the bandwidth = Don't count it. That's why there is no traffic shown in the control panel.

Last edited:
@webjoe: If only part of clients are unable to connect to the VPS, most likely it's a problem with route/path to/from the vps to/from the client. That's why we need a traceroute to the vps from an affected client. About the bandwidth, it is UNMETERED. This means we don't METER the bandwidth = Don't count it. That's why there is no traffic shown in the control panel.

Hello, yes I understand that about unmetered. It does in fact show on the panel that I have over 9000 TB of available bandwidth :)

I was referring to the traffic activity on SolusVM, it has not updated in a week: http://i.imgur.com/19SyP6e.png

I understand this is not a critical issue, just an issue.

Support have come back to me now and said they have "deactivated Intrusion Prevention System" which hopefully will help. They have also blamed the lag issues on network congestion. I am sorry I had to bring this to a public forum but I feel we were being ignored, we moved to you because we were being DDoS'd by a competitor and we had every intention of staying long term. We even took the time and negotiated a fair price for a RAM upgrade. So we will see how things go for the next few days.

Hello, yes I understand that about unmetered. It does in fact show on the panel that I have over 9000 TB of available bandwidth :)

I was referring to the traffic activity on SolusVM, it has not updated in a week: http://i.imgur.com/19SyP6e.png

I understand this is not a critical issue, just an issue.

Support have come back to me now and said they have "deactivated Intrusion Prevention System" which hopefully will help. They have also blamed the lag issues on network congestion. I am sorry I had to bring this to a public forum but I feel we were being ignored, we moved to you because we were being DDoS'd by a competitor and we had every intention of staying long term. We even took the time and negotiated a fair price for a RAM upgrade. So we will see how things go for the next few days.

Those kind of problems with the DDoS filters have been fixed. Everything runs smooth now.

Plese check Ticket #935168
Payment via Perfectmoney Completed but my invoiced still unpaid, please check and active my vps asap :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back