10Gbps, RAID10, 36TB+ Servers Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenchFile

Banned
Banned
Hi

I need a company capable of providing as a minimum (to match my current servers)

Dedicated 10Gbps connection
12x 3TB HDDs
RAID10
16GB RAM
24/7 free KVM access

Let me know your offers. I have 5 of these servers right now, looking to purchase more within a few weeks

Thanks

Last edited:
18 comments
I'd also go for RAID5 if I were you :)
What budget are you looking at?

I saw your current servers are hosted with Softlayer in NL.

We've used RAID5 previously and although it does give more space we prefer RAID10 for redundancy as its more robust.
Any location is an option.

Not many offer a pure dedicated 10Gbps connection. Most are shared and even so the hardware capable of pushing and writing that much data far exceeds most server providers abilities. For most its a marketing gimmick to the max. You can get this speeds some places if you have the right budget (higher budget). As for the rest of your specs That would be easy however, how does 8x4TB drives or 8x3TB drives sound? Also are you only interested in NL as a region? How does CZ or US sound? CZ is central Europe on a soon to be 40GBE connected Datacenter starting November. Currently speeds are fabulous but soon speeds will be rolling with the best and at a much cheaper cost. Food for thought. I'm sure with the right budget you can easily get your needs met :)

I've decided to stay with Softlayer DC's as I get 50% discount on the retail with a dedicated 10Gbps connection for each server. Unfortunately no one has been able to come close to the price I can get through them with the amount of business I am sending their way.

I've decided to stay with Softlayer DC's as I get 50% discount on the retail with a dedicated 10Gbps connection for each server. Unfortunately no one has been able to come close to the price I can get through them with the amount of business I am sending their way.

Ca you send me price in PM what you pay in Softlayer ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back