Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsane

Hi guys,

I am looking for around 100GB free storage to put my backups onto from my Dedicated server.

Anyone know a place I can get this type of storage for free and that has a good fast upload server I can transfer the files to.

Thanks,

16 comments
Hi guys,

I am looking for around 100GB free storage to put my backups onto from my Dedicated server.

Anyone know a place I can get this type of storage for free and that has a good fast upload server I can transfer the files to.

Thanks,

100GB free?? Is almost impossible.

I don't think you can find a 100GB free storage website. Only if you know someone that has a huge server and is willing to let you transfer your files.

I'd suggest you should buy a external HDD and you can keep your files very safe there.

im gonna put it like this, if you have a dedicated server, you should be able to afford backups.. either your host or you can buy it from somewhere else...
Not many people will turn around and go heyyyy check this out bro, you can use a heap of my server to put all your stuff on and oh don't worry about hogging my connection at all....
Spend the $7 or so it is to get a backup VPS..
EDIS ? $7 1GB 100GB HDD Storage VPS in Austria, Germany, Sweden & Switzerland ? Low End Box
easy done...

I need backup not webspace... Normally unlimited hosting is a complete scam. I will not go near it.

As someone who managed a competitive intelligence department for a company in the disaster recovery and virtualization field I can tell you that you are nearly 100% correct in this statement.

Scam isn't what I'd call any of these unlimited storage providers, they're just new and looking for customers. You can expect a 100% chance that they will enforce retention policies pretty quickly as data center's hard drives don't grow on trees. Some "unlimited backup" services have enforced retention policies with notice (ie: Mozy), and some without notice (ie: RapidShare).

40 cents a GB per month is a common price point for consumer grade backups which 100GB would fall into.

windows azure :D you can make Unlimited Back-up but pay :) 0.07$ for 1gb:D, for disaster that back-up is connected in anothers 3 networks and that security is 100%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back