• Yes

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhel

The latest vb 4.2 is better than 4.0, 4.0 was just awful but vb 4.2 has more improvement than vb 4.

Please vote Yes or No

34 comments
They will not change their decision from a stupid thread.

Go read Hawk reply, he said we won't move to vb cause of the negative reply but the negative reply were all over vb cause we wanted ipb but he said no.
So this give us an accurate result to move or not. UNDERSTAND? :facepalm:

There was a misunderstanding between upgrading to vB 4 and switching to IPB.

There was a clear understanding of not switching to IPB.

We are now deciding if we should stay with vB 3 or upgrade to vB 4.

Not bothered, but I think vBulletin is so much better than IPB when it comes to user interaction, I'm so used to vBulletin so I am biased towards it.

This is turning out to be quite the poll. Please do note the following is my opinion and nothing more.

I do not see the reason for conversion. WJunction has been operating seamlessly on the vBulletin 3 platform and advancements at this point would be custom implementations. From the front end point of view, anything is possible, to the point where you won't be able to determine which software the community is using.

It was over ipb, but the staf said no :facepalm:
vb 3 is old.

Regards,

It gets the job done, doesn't it?

There's a bunch of reasons WJunction shouldn't move to vBulletin 4.
Want a list of some?

• vB4 is not fully optimized.
  • Even with a custom skin, vB4 looks ugly and weird.
  • vB4 doesn't really bring anything new to the table.
  • vB4 has weird ass conditionals and rules.
  • vB4 has an ugly wanna be IPB interface in some parts.
  • The time it'd take to port the plugins WJ has.. :|
  • Risk complications when upgrading vB3 to vB4.
  • vB4 is harder to customize.
  • A lot of people don't like vB4.
  • vB4 can suck my..

A move to IPB will not happen period it has been said many many times. vBulletin 4 is utter garbage from the front end and tries to be like IPB and fails. There is nothing wrong with vB3 at all and with the talented people here it can be customized like there is no tomorrow!

Do you guys remember NinjaWarez? The site ran vBulletin v3! It was just heavily customized and I see no reason why we can't do the same here. The site already has a ton of stuff done and the main thing that people are complaining about is the skin and wanting a mobile one which is actually happening as already stated by Hawk!

Seriously folks what more do you want? If you don't like the fact that WJ uses vBulletin then stop coming here and go elsewhere otherwise stop asking for stuff which is not going to happen you are just wasting your own which could be used for better things! The admin chaps can not please everyone it just isn't possible but they can please the vast majority and the vast majority have shouted out in one loud voice saying no to vb4.

Now sure the site can't stay on vb3 forever but who is to say that vb5 will be miles better than vb4 is? Hell it might even be worse! Until then there is no point in "upgrading" and all the work it will create in doing so not to mention the possible headaches of porting all the changes over to vb4.

vb4 is not happening.

JGM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back