Windows Media player not working on Windows 7 ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the new link for the file in the above post.

Btw what about the sfc scan? Found anything?

Did you try the WMP fix tool?

i tried the wmp fix tool but nothing happened & i start scannin gpc with sfc command but during scanning power was gone
now i have downloaded the file you posted...let me switch to safe mode & try this method

@Prazsky
i switch into safe mode & replace that ddl file & again switch windows in normal mode
but when i open wmp it's showing same error but this time file versions reverted:)

43065395908919417411.jpg

OMG lol. This is just unbelievable. I have never seen anything like this before. I am all outta options for now. I will give it a shot in my test laptop and let you know if I can find any alternative fix.

If you were you, I would just give it one last try by uninstalling WMP using the Turn Windows Features On or Off option in Control Panel. Delete the wmploc.dll file from System32 folder and then download a fresh copy of WMP 12 and install it.

I was pretty sure correcting the version number would fix the problem but there seems to be more to it that what meets the eye.

Ok here's another go. Remove these entries from the registry and see if it works:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\Installed Versions\wmp.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\Installed Versions\wmploc.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\Installed Versions\wmplayer.exe

Edit: If this doesn't work either. Please go to your system32 folder and upload the wmploc.dll and wmp.dll files for me. I will try and fix them on my test laptop and get back to you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Have you tried returning your Windows 7 to a recent restore point or investigating the start menu to see if there are updates which would require a shut down in order to finish installing? On my machine sometimes an exclamation mark would appear only next to Shut down and nothing would happen if I clicked restart except a computer reboot of course. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back