Windows Media player not working on Windows 7 ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

-={MINDFREAK}=-

Hi,
Few days ago I updated my Windows 7 ultimate version to SP1. Since I updated my Windows, Windows Media Player not working anymore & it's giving some error. I am posting image of the error kindly check & tell me how to solve this problem.
91429339831308079665.jpg

Regards,
MINDFREAK

30 comments
Run cmd with admin privilege and type: UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMPVERSION

and then press Enter.

If that doesn't help, type: regsvr32 wmp.dll

and then press Enter.

Did you check to see if WMP was working after doing the first step or did you straightaway go to the second step without checking after first step?

Anyway, try disabling/re-enabling WMP from the Control Panel using the Turn Windows Features on or off option.

@pioneer
dude before downloading WMP 12 from microsoft they validate my PC with small application & then they allowing me to download that file from microsoft.....so i think license should be not a problem here

No, this is not because of pirated edition. Nothing to do with that that. Its happening cuz the wmp.dll is out of sync with the registry settings.

It had happened to me in the past but running regsvr32 wmp.dll in cmd (Right click and run as administrator) usually fixes the problem.

Dude, he ain't looking for alternatives. Why do you guys keep suggesting alternatives instead of trying to help him fix the issue? WMP is a great software that actually works for the most part. Why would he wanna switch to something else if this problem can be fixed? Atleast it doesn't hurt to try.

@Prazsky
i open wmploc.ddl in reshacker & change the version from 12.0.7601.17514 to 12.0.7600.16667 & click on compile script but when i am trying to save that file it's giving me error again

94006634687397798836.jpg

Well since nothing much is working for you, I am laying down all the other options here in the hope that atleast one of them will work:

Run cmd as administrator (Right click and Run as administrator) and then run: sfc /scannow

Let it run to 100% completion and see if it can find and fix any dll corruption.

If that doesn't work either, download this utility: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/downloads/FixWMP.zip

Click on the fix button beside the 6th option on the list of fixes.

Edit: In the meanwhile, I am trying to find a solution to the renaming error posted above.

OK I am been able to manually edit wmploc.dll on my laptop and change the version number to the one you need.

First of all, try the two fixes mentioned in my previous post. If both fails, you need to start your computer in safe mode and then go to C:\Windows\System32 folder and then replace your wmploc.dll file with the one I have uploaded:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F02X38TQ

Note: If you have already downloaded the file using the previous MU link, please re-download using the above link again as I made further modifications to the file and re-uploaded it.

If you can replace the file successfully. There's a 99% chance your problem might be fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back