Why you should stop drinking bottled water

Status
Not open for further replies.
31 comments
i do drink water but i have my own filter jug that i put in the fridge free cold water all the time win win. :)
Never really bought into the whole bottled water is good for you rubbish anyway.

Bottled water is definitely better for you.

I've been drinking bottled water since I was about 8 years old. When I was a kid we used to have our own Water cooler in our house. Our water used to be delivered in 5 gallon jugs from (http://www.whitehousesprings.com/).

I have since - becoming an adult used my own water coolers with water from trusted sources, and have drank out of bottled water. I have never drank out of a faucet less than 100 times in the past 17 years...

There is a huge difference in quality. First off a lot of the pipes here were lead or copper based. Therefore you have a metallic taste with your water. Secondly, the water is re-filtered and mixed with your shit, it sits in chemicals for up to one year before reaching your mouth agian, but still. If you take a microscope to the water you can still find toilet paper particles (oh yea, it's true): http://hight3ch.com/toilet-paper-residue-in-tap-water/. Futhermore, a main chemical and component in the tap water is "Fluoride" if you read on the back of your toothpaste or any other product that contains "Fluoride" you are told to contact a poison control center immediately if ingested. Why? Because Fluoride is poisonous to our health. Yet there is large amounts of Fluoride in our water system.

Moving on. Estrogen. Estrogen is cause for concern for men, because it can cause mood swings, increase fatty areas and other side effects. When women menstruate, drop tampons, etc in the water, estrogen is released. Estrogen is very hard to clear out of the fresh water supply. Please see: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/11/14/estrogen-in-drinking-water-prostate-cancer_n_1093696.html

So therefore, I am worried for ANYONE who drinks out of the tap water. Simply because the water is filled with poisonous chemicals that are linked to CANCEROUS studies. When you hear of entire streets getting cancer, the first thing people say is "Must be something in the water". When you have areas of bad crime or health, one of the first things you hear people say "Must be something in the water". Sometimes you might hear "Must be something in the air".

However, there's a reason why the saying is "Must be something in the water", because there's stuff in there alright, more stuff than you or I want to know.

Oh and last but not least... Water isn't $0.01/bottle anymore here in America. Water prices are on the rize far more than anyone knows and it's going to rise dramatically soon regardless of what source of water you choose to use.

Good luck, stay healthy, drink fresh.

P.S.

I know whole streets of people who have died from bad drinking water. My grandfather was one of those people. http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/cancer-in-paradise/Content?oid=1491100
http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2009/08/cancer_rates_in_avon_lake_are.html

On the flip side of that.... I don't know a single person who has died from drinking bottled water or water from a fresh spring?

Last edited:
I don't drink tap water and refuse to drink tap water... not while big ol' eye government is constantly throwing more and more fluoride into the water system. I used to drink filtered water from the fridge but i realized it doesn't clean out fluoride and few other key pollutants. I have no choice but to buy bottles of water or maybe sometime soon a reverse osmosis water filter. A very high percentage of your body is water so drink clean people. Soda is no good and damages your teeth. Stay away from juices with aspartame and so called "diet" drinks. Water and healthy juicing is all you need. So drink up :)

Futhermore, a main chemical and component in the tap water is "Fluoride" if you read on the back of your toothpaste or any other product that contains "Fluoride" you are told to contact a poison control center immediately if ingested. Why? Because Fluoride is poisonous to our health. Yet there is large amounts of Fluoride in our water system.

You may be right in a lot of that what you say my learned colleague but, in MY toothpaste, it contains 5000ppm flouride... that is exactly or the equivelant to 5 tubes of USA toothpaste. I have Osteoradionecrosis of the lower left mandible after intensive radiotherapy for squamous-cell-carinoma cancer!... THe toothpaste with that much flouride is NOT dangerous to anyoneones health even on a lomng term basis. Flouride is an essential part of the bodies immune system that induces bone development and cell rejuvenation. .... I dont want to argue, but.... ;)
And for all other members and learned friends... please dont make this thread into a "I know better" thread about whichever illness I have... I have heard it all before! ;)...

i drink boiled water.. i manually boil it myself then put into the jug & then in the fridge. Win Win
PS: in summer boiling procedure sucks... its too steamy n hot.

So therefore, I am worried for ANYONE who drinks out of the tap water. Simply because the water is filled with poisonous chemicals that are linked to CANCEROUS studies. When you hear of entire streets getting cancer, the first thing people say is "Must be something in the water". When you have areas of bad crime or health, one of the first things you hear people say "Must be something in the water". Sometimes you might hear "Must be something in the air".

However, there's a reason why the saying is "Must be something in the water", because there's stuff in there alright, more stuff than you or I want to know.

Sorry.. forgot to add... that my or anyone elses cancer infliction is in NO way EVER or has been proved to be caused by water contamination! GET YOUR EFFING FACTS CORRECT!... EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET has a form of cancer cellin their body! It takes a little sublety in acclimatisation or a defecit in nutrition or adjustment in mental state to trigger it off! FACT!... let the debate begin!... This fucking sucks now that I as a patient have got myself fucking upset by that ignorant and immature (not researched!) comment!

More than 50 population-based studies looking at the potential link between water fluoride levels and cancer have been reported in the medical literature. Most of these have not found a strong link to cancer, but a link does exist.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/water-fluoridation-and-cancer-risk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13620/Cancer-link-tap-water-radon-hotspots.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/business/energy-environment/08water.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://www.earth-policy.org/plan_b_updates/2011/update96

Sorry.. forgot to add... that my or anyone elses cancer infliction is in NO way EVER or has been proved to be caused by water contamination! GET YOUR EFFING FACTS CORRECT!... EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET has a form of cancer cellin their body! It takes a little sublety in acclimatisation or a defecit in nutrition or adjustment in mental state to trigger it off! FACT!... let the debate begin!... This fucking sucks now that I as a patient have got myself fucking upset by that ignorant and immature (not researched!) comment!

The only thing ignorant and immature is the comment in which you have shared in the quote above. Please be respectful to all members of the board and they will return the same unto you. Thank you.

To0, quoting from the page:

More than 60 years after fluoride was first added to drinking water in some parts of the United States, there is still controversy about the possible health effects of drinking water fluoridation.

This = not proven, just rumors.

Also:

The types of fluoride added to different water systems include fluorosilicic acid, sodium fluorosilicate, and sodium fluoride.

Not all fluoride types are unhealthy. Fluoride can be found in almost every food.

And another:

Some of the controversy concerning the possible link stems from a study of lab animals reported by the US National Toxicology Program in 1990. The researchers found "equivocal" (uncertain) evidence of cancer-causing potential of fluoridated drinking water in male rats, based on a higher than expected number of cases of osteosarcoma (a type of bone cancer). There was no evidence of cancer-causing potential in female rats or in male or female mice.

Osteosarcoma seems to be the cancer about which the most concern has been raised. One theory on how fluoridation might affect the risk of osteosarcoma is based on the fact that fluoride tends to collect in parts of bones where they are growing. These areas, known as growth plates, are where osteosarcomas typically develop. The theory is that fluoride might somehow cause the cells in the growth plate to grow faster, which might make them more likely to eventually become cancerous.

More than 50 population-based studies looking at the potential link between water fluoride levels and cancer have been reported in the medical literature. Most of these have not found a strong link to cancer.

So, no facts, just theories, speculations, and controversies. Next time read more than just a title. [trollface]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13620/Cancer-link-tap-water-radon-hotspots.html <-no words of fluoride, its not even mentioned.

Next link:

That law requires communities to deliver safe tap water to local residents. But since 2004, the water provided to more than 49 million people has contained illegal concentrations of chemicals like arsenic or radioactive substances like uranium, as well as dangerous bacteria often found in sewage.

Sounds like conspiracy theory to me.

What we can agreee upon is this: if tap water, that government controls, is not healthy, what makes you think that anyone producing bottled water will give more shit? If the upper statement is true, then something is rotten with that government, if they are allowing that, then they are doing tht on purpose to increase selling of bottled water, which is exact same shit, just in bottles.

There's people saying they saw God, or mysterious being talked with them, so what? Who cares what people say. There's difference between facts, and hear-say, that's obvious. Do you believe in everything you hear? The most easiest solution for people is to make up answer, when they don't have any, or don't know what's the cause for something. But that's direct shortcut to ignorance, and dumbing down yourself. People should feed their curiosity in proper way, they must learn how to investigate stuff, before they start running on the streets saying how fluoride is poisonous while holding 0 data in their hands, what is the upper limit, how it works in organism, what it can cause, and what researches so far shown. There must be something in the earth too. Dirt, probably.

Awesome thread. Very interesting. I drink two gallons of water a day, at least. I drink bottled water mostly as work cause I sweat a lot. I don't drink soda or anything else besides juices and V8 Vegetable juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back