What are some safe domain TLD extensions that USA does not control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca

Hello all,

Having realized that some of my sites are all based on .com & .net for the sake of being easy to remember.

I've read & witnessed a lot of domain names being taken over by the USA if the extension ends in .com/.net So i'm planning to make a new site similar to VEVO.com (music) but differently obviously.

I noticed domain registrars are now accepting different TLDs other than .com/.net

So ultimatley, what domain extenstions are safe to use (without the fear of USA being able to control or take over) ?

47 comments
.to and .cd are nice tlds, but no tld is safe to be honest, extensions like .se would be an great idea since Sweden supports freedom of speech. But its always an good idea to get the .com so that you can redirect it to your cctld.

I guess i will take .to, .cd & .se in to consideration.
What are your opinions of .me .fm .tv extensions ?

Anyone with thoughts of .tv & .fm those extensions sound good for a media site though ?

& thanks @cyber-cliff , i'll add .ph to the list :D

country tld will be good
.in, .uk , .eu, .hk kinda stuff
Just as long as most countries are not involved with the US in anyway, then i could probably use country level TLD's.

@immu , obviously a .uk is a no-no, that country is somehow friends with US lol. & the extension sounds ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back