Status
Not open for further replies.

heretolearn

Hi!

So couple of hours back my site went down.
Because solusvm has some weird problem - don't send out password reset emails. But i was able to restart the server via ssh. Didn't help.
I only can access my kloxo panel from romanian IP, the same place where i am hosted right now. I was even able to browse site with that ip, but not now.
It isn't mysql problem as i have tried to restart it numerous times.
My server support isn't fast enough, so here i am again.
Any idea how i can get my site back up?
I have linux 64bit, kloxo, nginx.

thanks

Last edited:
6 comments
You may have needed to disable your iptables.

Alot of the times these vps's OS's come with IPtables with strict rules so you have to disable it or else you will not have access.
If it is not your firewall then its a internal issue with the host node.

What would be better, doing it via ssh or kloxo?
I see it being started on boot status, the state has been stopped. Should i stop it at boot too?

Last edited:
It's not only VPS that comes with strict iptables rules, I've seen it on some occsions with dedicated servers.

If you're running CSF (ConfigServer Firewall)
Code:
csf -x

If you're running APF
Code:
/etc/apf/apf -s

If you don't do this, You can lose SSH control over your server and then ask for a reboot or usually VPS has remote reboots.

Code:
/sbin/iptables -F
/sbin/iptables -X

-F will flush all IPTables and -X will remove any chains, thus removing any restrictions. Once you've completed that you may restart your firewalls backup and they should work just fine.

This might not possibly be your issue, but it's a start and understanding there is a fix than disabling IPTables.

Regards,
Cory

I think indeed it has something to do with your IPtables, as you did say it works in romania but no where else.

i don't think it's a firewall problem. he is able to access kloxo panel, but not website.. normally the firewall doesn't block an IP only on :80 port... check if nginx is running. also check if :80 port is open (there are lot of online checkers, google for: online open port checker). there can be a bad configuration of the nginx server too. are you using the nginx as proxy? how do you handle php? if you use nginx as proxy for apache, check apache too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back