Status
Not open for further replies.

danswano

Hello, i'm trying to access my vbulletin 4 database /users/passwords fro external script to use same users but i'm facing hard time finding the exact password hashing method in vbulletin, they are using md5 then salt but all posts on vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org are just confusing and no direct answer is given i even asked them and no luck, anyone knows for sure what hashing method they are using?

3 comments
Code:
$password_hash = md5(md5($password_text) . $user_salt);

$user_salt is a random three character stored in the database under the table 'user' with the field of 'salt'.

Hope that helps.

It's actually not a secret...It's how they make "Login Share's" for other scripts.

Hello dear, thank you for your kind reply really, i have a tcl script made to read users/password from vb db to share login on other script and it's read the users table perfectly but not the password because i can't figure out what to put in the password line, here is the piece of code for that part:

PHP:
set check_pass [md5 $get_pass]

set find_it [::mysql::connect -host $reqs::sett::db_host -port $reqs::sett::db_port -user $reqs::sett::db_username -password $reqs::sett::db_password -db $reqs::sett::db_name];
set it_find [::mysql::sel $find_it "SELECT $reqs::sett::db_user,$reqs::sett::db_pass FROM $reqs::sett::db_table WHERE $reqs::sett::db_user = '$check_nick' AND $reqs::sett::db_pass = '$check_pass'" -flatlist];
::mysql::endquery $find_it
::mysql::close $find_it

if the password md5 only it will read it fine but not the vb ones, can you help me putting the right code for it, i mean what to replace md5 word in this line

set check_pass [md5 $get_pass] to be able to read the password field?

Thank you for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back