US Park Police arrest people for dancing at Jefferson Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

MirandaWright's

This whole thing is absurd. What ever happened to simply asking someone to leave if they are doing something wrong? But dancing? I understand if people are adversely affecting the visit of other people but that wasn’t even the case. The only people who objected were the cops but they never said on what grounds they were dancing was illegal.

[youtube]zhDQkSqii-E[/youtube]

9 comments
If they'd just ignored they wouldn't get any mainstream attention, but they choose to be hardheaded and do what a mindless computer would do...

They = Police / Babylon

Public place;

Free will;

You can record and take pictures in a public place.

All those charges are going to be dismissed and some of those badges are going to be ate for breakfast.

They couldn't even cite a law and since it's a public place, they have no grounds for an arrest.

and if you noticed, they 'gave a warning' and then a couple starting dancing and then the others were arrested without starting to dance again...which blately disregards the warning.

I'm going to keep an eye on this;

If there was an actual law that did not allow such activities around the memorial, then its clear what the officers did was justified.

Also -- ITS A FUCKING MEMORIAL. Have some fucking respect, those hippie ass mofo's could have done that elsewhere, why do it at a fucking MEMORIAL? It makes no sense.

But throwing a guy to the ground was a little too much.

If there was an actual law that did not allow such activities around the memorial, then its clear what the officers did was justified.

Also -- ITS A FUCKING MEMORIAL. Have some fucking respect, those hippie ass mofo's could have done that elsewhere, why do it at a fucking MEMORIAL? It makes no sense.

But throwing a guy to the ground was a little too much.

At a memorial of one of the founding fathers is exactly the kind of place where you should be able to express yourself without being assaulted by the police. A memorial statue is not holy ground (although holy ground isn't that important to me either). Why are people so quick to bow down to the unfair demands of the police and even the government?

I would dance there and go to jail just like they did. Fuck the stupid laws...jeesh

So I can moon walk through there then run like the running man away from them? lmao, next you know they'll ban breathing without paying there. I love my location.

<---------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back