Ultramegabit Pay-Per Download $35/1000 - PPS 75% - Rebill 60/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u limit them they are not gonna buy premium anyways they will go to somewhere else, it was annoying to see filefactory doing this thats why i never used them, i was thinking about use only UMB but now ill keep it as a mirror coz i dont want to lose my visitors no matter they re from a poor country
then practically only tier 1 and 2 can download files

If you can't monetize traffic from a particular country, through a sale, or through an advertiser who would pay for that traffic, it is really not a benefit to have bandwidth leeched from that country, as it's only a cost, and doesent make any business sense. Anyhow our download slot limits are not extreme, they are pretty fair. They should only see them during extreme traffic times.

Why you dont test these days some ads on your pages? was 1 month when if you added some good ads you could earn some money until now... maybe you should find and add some of it.

if u limit them they are not gonna buy premium anyways they will go to somewhere else, it was annoying to see filefactory doing this thats why i never used them, i was thinking about use only UMB but now ill keep it as a mirror coz i dont want to lose my visitors no matter they re from a poor country
then practically only tier 1 and 2 can download files

Although the idea of allowing EVERY body access to unlimited bandwidth, is a great idea, when you are not paying for bandwidth. On the contrary though, if you do limit them, they will buy premium, as we have seen a reflection of this already. But I don't stop any of you from using mirrors, do what is necessary to keep your site the way you want it.
Like I said before our download slots are not very extreme. Meaning they will only affect your users during peak usage. The reason why PPD rates are high for the tier 1 / tier 2 countries, is because this is really the type of traffic we want at UMB. We pay low rates for the tier 3 countries, as they do not really do anything to benefit our business. They do not buy premiums, and ad companies don't pay for that traffic, so how can a business then in turn pay out affiliates promoting that type of traffic? It's simple business. Really, it is.

I mean traffic ranking and numbers are cool, but I would prefer not to be ranked number 1 in countries which don't benefit us.

Last edited:
yea add 1 more banner or pop ads coz that "No slots available for your country" won't let your business grow.
and not forget this is why only you are paying $4/1000 for them so u dont get much money from them but neither give a lot

Last edited:
You should have finished the slot implementation first to avoid these problems.
Now some users are not able to download, I don't think it's fair.

we thought it was finished last night before we decided to go to bed at 0400. But obviously something was missed. It will be fixed.

yea add 1 more banner or pop ads coz that "No slots available for your country" won't let your business grow.
and not forget this is why only you are paying $4/1000 for them so u dont get much money from them but neither give a lot

I beg to differ, Megaupload, and Filefactory were quite large at some point in time, and they had the same such country slot limitation.

Last edited:
You are not Megaupload or FF, some good ads always can help.

obviously we are not them yet, but they all started somewhere right? anyway, I have ads, and you don't seem to understand, advertisers don't pay for traffic from countries we have listed in the download slots tier.

megaupload yes but they were special and about FF well now days noone use them anymore, ppl use uploaded, rapidgator and netload

people don't use FF anymore because they don't pay, and because their payscale is so low.

anyway, I dont feel the need to argue with you guys about this anymore. If you want to earn from a host that pays for countries which no ad companys pay for, or don't buy premiums, then I suggest you use a host which will pay you for that traffic. That, or you concentrate on getting traffic from the countries which are desired by this host.

ok thanks .. waiting

it give

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/file.php

Line Number: 184

this now ..

still persist
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice
Filename: controllers/file.php
Line Number: 184

Status