• Fringe
      • Glee
      • Kitchen Nightmares
      • Raising Hope
      • The Simpsons
    • New Shows
      • Alcatraz – (Scripted)
      • The New Girl – (Scripted)
      • I Hate My Teenage Daughter – (Scripted)
      • The X Factor (US) – (Reality)
      • Mobbed – (Reality)
      • Allen Gregory – (Animation)
      • The Finder (US) – (Scripted)
      • Napoleon Dynamite – (Animation)
      • Terra Nova – (Scripted)
      • Touch (US) – (Scripted)
      • In The Flow With Affion Crockett – (Variety)
    • Canceled Shows
      • The Good Guys (2010)
      • Lone Star
      • Lie to Me
      • Human Target (2010)
      • Traffic Light
      • The Chicago Code
      • Breaking In – (Not Official)
      • Million Dollar Money Drop
  • NBC
    • Renewed Shows
      • Chuck
      • America's Got Talent
      • The Marriage Ref
      • Minute to Win It
      • 30 Rock
      • The Apprentice (US)
      • The Biggest Loser
      • Community
      • Dateline NBC
      • Football Night in America
      • Harry's Law
      • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
      • The Office (US)
      • Parenthood (2010)
      • Parks and Recreation
      • Saturday Night Live
      • The Sing Off
      • Sunday Night Football
      • The Voice
      • Who Do You Think You Are? (US)
    • New Shows
      • Smash
      • Up All Night (2011)
      • Friends With Benefits
      • Love Bites
      • Love In The Wild
      • Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
      • Awake
      • Bent
      • Best Friends Forever
      • Betty White's Off Their Rockers
      • Brian Williams Newsmagazine
      • Fashion Star
      • The Firm
      • Free Agents (US)
      • Grimm
      • The Playboy Club
      • Prime Suspect (2011)
      • Whitney
      • It's Worth What?
      • Who's Still Standing
    • Canceled Shows
      • The Cape
      • Outlaw
      • Undercovers
      • The Paul Reiser Show
      • Law & Order: Los Angeles
      • The Event – (Not Official)
      • Outsourced
      • America's Next Great Restaurant
      • Perfect Couples
      • School Pride
  • CBS
    • Renewed Shows
      • Big Brother (US)
      • The Amazing Race
      • The Big Bang Theory
      • How I Met Your Mother
      • NCIS
      • Survivor
      • 48 Hours Mystery
      • 60 Minutes (US)
      • Blue Bloods
      • Criminal Minds
      • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
      • CSI: NY
      • CSI: Miami
      • The Good Wife
      • Hawaii Five-0 (2010)
      • The Mentalist
      • Mike & Molly
      • NCIS: Los Angeles
      • Rules of Engagement
      • Two and a Half Men
      • Undercover Boss
    • New Shows
      • Same Name
      • Person of Interest
      • The 2-2
      • A Gifted Man
      • How To Be a Gentleman
      • 2 Broke Girls
      • Unforgettable
    • Canceled Shows
      • Live to Dance
      • Medium
      • $#*! My Dad Says
      • Chaos
      • Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
      • The Defenders (2010)
      • Mad Love
  • ABC
    • Renewed Shows
      • Bachelor Pad
      • The Bachelorette
      • Rookie Blue
      • Wipeout (US)
      • The Bachelor
      • Castle (2009)
      • Cougar Town
      • Grey's Anatomy
      • The Middle
      • Private Practice
      • Modern Family
      • Shark Tank
      • Body Of Proof
      • Happy Endings
      • Secret Millionaire
      • Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
      • 20/20
      • America's Funniest Home Videos
      • Dancing With the Stars (US)
      • Desperate Housewives
      • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    • New Shows
      • Charlie's Angels (2011)
      • 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show (US)
      • Expedition Impossible
      • Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition
      • The Hot Zone
      • Take the Money and Run
      • Apartment 23
      • Good Christian Belles
      • Last Man Standing (2011)
      • Man Up!
      • Missing (2012)
      • Once upon a time
      • Pan Am
      • Revenge (2011)
      • The River (2011)
      • Scandal
      • Suburgatory
      • Karaoke Battle USA
      • Work It
    • Canceled Shows
      • My Generation (2010)
      • Skating With the Stars
      • Supernanny
      • The Whole Truth
      • V (2009)
      • Brothers & Sisters
      • Mr. Sunshine (2011)
      • Better With You
      • Detroit 1-8-7
      • No Ordinary Family
      • Off The Map
  • The CW
    • Renewed Shows
      • Gossip Girl
      • Supernatural
      • America's Next Top Model
      • The Vampire Diaries
      • One Tree Hill
      • Nikita
    • New Shows
      • None
    • Canceled Shows
      • Life Unexpected
      • Smallville – Ended

Compiled this list the other day for a friends site, Converted to BB Code (was in word) and now I decided to post here and people can see a plain view and discuss about the tv shows that got canceled. After a few posts, I respond to my opinion as this is already too long. :)

Source: http://www.tvrage.com/upfronts.php

56 comments
looking forward to some of the new ones. dont mind to see the ones getting canceled they never looked interesting to me... only outsourced.. that show was funny. but kinda racial

Too bad Napoleon Dynamite is gonna be a cartoon =7

Nice one, Corey

edit:WHAT?!
Lie to Me cancelled? Meh..

Last edited:
Im going to talk about the Summer Lineup and Canceled Shows that are on this list in this post.

Summer Lineup

Really isnt much to say other than Im glad the following shows have been renewed and will be airing soon as I watch these shows, the ones I didnt list here from the list above, I dont watch.

Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, Futurama, Rookie Blue, Leverage, Royal Pains, White Collar, Breaking Bad.

Canceled Shows

FOX

@Human Target (2010) I thought this was actually a really good show, I liked the last season where they introduced new characters including a Investor to help them out with the technology side of things, I think that gave the show a little more kick.

@Breaking In (Not Official) This show actually has some pretty good reviews and I watched and thought its pretty good, some characters are little annoying, but its comedy. This show is actually new and still airing on Wednesdays and its categories as canceled, but there is an article where theyre trying to bring it back for a second season.

NBC

@The Cape I thought this was an Ok show about a super hero trying to do good and expose a cover up, This reminds of a live action batman show and the first batman movie. Now this is about a man that is a detective, has a wife and a son. Hes been accused of being a man of a big operation and thenfinds himself under something and then blows up on Live TV and considered this guy dead Wife and son saw this live. Then next thing we notice, he find him dropped down in a tunnel alive and after a while decides to stay dead and expose the man that set him up. (I think thats pretty accurate.)

@Outlaw This show wasnt even given a chance, It was aired on the Friday lineup I think at 10 PMIf they moved the timeslot I bet more shows would have been ordered and another season would of happened, basically this is about a Supreme Court Judge, steps down and decides to become a Lawyer to help free the innocent. Why this got canceled? Because NBC is the Show Killers!

@Undercovers I watched this show, but I delled on it every week it came on as I was trying to get into it, but since it got canceled, Im not too worried about it, I wish they did tell us why they were actually re-activated anyway, but this show leaves with a cliff-hanger. About a Husband and Wife and own a restaurant and 5 years ago they were CIA agents and then become re-activated and work undercover as partners. A re-tool could easily fix this, maybe

@Law & Order: Los Angeles Im surprised this show was canceled, maybe because of the long break it had as they were re-tooling the show, but even after that it was canceled anyway, thus making the second Law and Order Series too be canceled after 1 Season (Other was Law and Order: Trial by Jury) In fact, Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent (On its last season) has all been canceled, therefore making Law and Order: SVU the only remaining Law and Order in the US based show Law and Order: UK and Law and Order: AU I think is still airing. Im hoping they bring back the orginal Law and Order with Jack McCoyMaybe Detective Ed Green (Played by: Jesse L. Martin), Detective Rey Curtis (Played by: Benjamin Bratt) or Detective Mike Logan (Played by: Chris Noth)

@The Event (Not Official) Now Ive read a lot people saying this show SUCKS, but Im watch a lot TV and I know a good show when I see one and I have to tell you Im hooked on The Event. Basically its about a Human Race from another planet, which came to Earth about 60 years ago and on Earth they cant age. Theyre trying to bring their people from there planet which has about 2 Billion people on it and decided they needed to make room for their people as the planets sun was supernovaSo in trying to do so, they have a bio-weapon to commit genocide to the Human Race of Earth and the people from the other planet is immune too itEven though its over, there is an article that says theyre trying to bring back for a Season 2Im hoping for the best.

@Outsourced Im an American and most people dont like other countries to take your job, but the American company decided to move the call center to India and Todd, the American moved there too run it. I actually thought this show was a little funny, kind of a way of learning new cultures, I suppose. I totally didnt see this coming when this got canceled as there were other worse comedies that got a Season 2 and didnt make it too Season 3 and this one I thought was an Ok show.

@School Pride Apparently this got canceled for having the lowest rating that aired on Friday at the 8 PM timeslot. Basically this was kind of the same thing as Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on ABC but in this case on NBC and with Schools, they didnt tear them down, they gave the school a huge makeover and with all their connections and sponsors Im surprised this was canceled, maybe ABC can pick it up and rename it too Extreme Makeover: School Pride or something. I even liked the part where they investigate why they cant do repairs on the school and where the funding goes.

ABC

@Brothers & Sisters Again another show Im surprised it was canceled, I guess it was kind of getting stale, but since this has 6 Seasons + 1 Movie, I could see a TV-Movie being made to finish the storylines.
@Mr. Sunshine (2011) I thought this was a good commend apparently they dont have a sense of humor to keep on the air. It was actually starring Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing from Friends) I wish they would make a spin-off show of that.

The CW

@Smallville I created its own thread here: http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=82259

Lastly, I dont when networks cancel TV Shows, they need to come into the 21st century and realized most people are getting rid of cable/satellite as its too expensive and just watch live streams from the official sources, paid sources (Hulu, Amazon) or alternative methods and they need to find a way to count Online Ratings too.

The big bang theory, supernatural, burn notice, chuck, desperate housewives, how I met your mother and futurama! They're all awesome shows.

Here's a small update;

22cbsedelstein.png

@House is returning, but they're loosing a main character. Lisa Edelstein, she plays the role of Lisa Cuddy. Also, Hugh Laurie contract is up after the next season, could this be it's last season?

Source: http://thevoiceoftv.com/tv/2011-05-17/house-loses-lisa-edelstein-cbs-renews-handful-of-shows/

@Chuck has been doing ok in viewership but it's always edgy after the season is over for the last season. Especially now, going on Season 5 for Chuck, could this be the last season? As in the last episode we see Chuck's friend learning KungFu.

82stabler.jpg

@Law and Order: SVU - Has just lost a main character since it's inception!

There has been some chatter in recent weeks about whether or not Chris Meloni, known for his role as Detective Stabler on Law & Order: SVU, would be returning for the show’s 13th season. It has been reported by TV Line that he is in fact leaving the show. This would mean the show would be losing one of it’s most beloved characters, and one that has been around since the show’s inception in 1999.

It has not been a good year for the Law & Order franchise. The original series was cancelled after 20 seasons, falling just short of breaking the record for longest running scripted show. Law & Order: Criminal Intent was announced to be ending after its current season (which airs on USA Network). NBC cancelled Law & Order: LA after just one season after poor ratings and questionable cast decisions. Now SVU, which currently is the most popular of the franchise, is losing a lead character.

There has been no further developments regarding if the show will give him a proper send off or if he’ll appear at all in its 13th season. Given the ending to this season, it can very well work with him not appearing, but obviously fans will be missing him. Then again, turnover on these types of shows is not out of the ordinary. How many cast changes did the original series go through?

Fear not though fans, as earlier this year Warren Leight signed on as showrunner for next Fall. For the unaware, Leight was the showrunner of such shows as Lights Out, In Treatment, and also Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He signed on after the cancellation of Lights Out by FX to replace Neal Baer. The news regarding Meloni has not been confirmed by NBC but you know how this goes.

What do you say fans, will the loss of Stabler lose your viewership? Warren Leight knows how to a run a show properly, so chances are it will recover. Sound off below.

Source: http://thevoiceoftv.com/tv/2011-05-24/report-chris-meloni-not-returning-to-law-order-svu/

Bummer news! No, Chris you can't go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back