Torrent Site Under DDos Attack !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JalsaDude

Hi

Site was under a heavy DDos Attacks, by AP Film Chamber Guys (Andhra Pradesh) luckily i have saved my website completely. But the problem is Torrent Tracker got messed up :(

Torrent Tracker is offline and not working at all. It got all messed up.

Please kindly some Torrent Experts ping me up (PM)

I'm using Olaf xbt_Tracker !! It took 6hrs to bring the site up (thanks to LeaseWeb engineers who worked on it)

Wait i will show some screenshots, See the attachments or just click on the image hosting links below.

http://i.cubeupload.com/1jMFx1.png
http://i.cubeupload.com/dLYb5l.png
http://i.cubeupload.com/KufqeF.png

This problem is caused because of too much ddos occured in my Linux server, (centOs) and my friend is telling that
the xbt_tracker got upset and corrupted, i have rebooted my server still same problem. Something needs to be done
to fix it. I am sure this problem came for many as many know that this can be done by Ddosing the site.

I have saved my site now left with the major xbt_tracker from ddos attack. Please kindly help me.

Site url: http://www.jalsatime.com

Please let me know the ways to protect the server and site including torrent tracker also.

Experts please PM me soon...

Last edited:
14 comments
if they are open torrents yes, if it is a private tracker no.. simple enough, backup your sql first. because you have a problem with the tracker files itself NOT the actual sql of the files

if they are open torrents yes, if it is a private tracker no.. simple enough, backup your sql first. because you have a problem with the tracker files itself NOT the actual sql of the files

Sorry i forgot to mention, torrents are uploaded all over in public, i might get a loss i guess. The seeders are associated with both public and private too. To get traffic i just upload all torrents to public. So that there is no need to keep on seeding as users from the public will seed them after download.

Thinking what to do now ? Is there any other way to fix it other than re-installing and take a big risk ?

ok, if you replace just the XBT Files on the server (not the sql) it should keep everything how it is..
if you don't if you are using passkeys, everything will need to be reset and practically every bit of information on there becomes useless.

so as i said.. Remove the XBT Files and Replace them with new stuff and see if that works

Sorry i forgot to mention, torrents are uploaded all over in public, i might get a loss i guess. The seeders are associated with both public and private too. To get traffic i just upload all torrents to public. So that there is no need to keep on seeding as users from the public will seed them after download.

Thinking what to do now ? Is there any other way to fix it other than re-installing and take a big risk ?

If that's the case.. A clean re-install wouldnt really be a problem.. just backup ur sql and make a test try. Re-uploading the matter wouldn't be a problem too I guess.. or contact ToolManWill he can help you out as he is the creator and knows the way around during such issues... to be paid ofcourse tho.

Hang,
Do you have a backup of your server ? If Yes, re install your server and restore your backup. That should fix it.

PS: I am referring to an entire server backup like a image.
Alternatively, you can speak to serverpolice.org guys and they can help you fix it.

ok, if you replace just the XBT Files on the server (not the sql) it should keep everything how it is..
if you don't if you are using passkeys, everything will need to be reset and practically every bit of information on there becomes useless.

so as i said.. Remove the XBT Files and Replace them with new stuff and see if that works

Ya sure buddy i will give a try. If you know this issue how to fix can you PM your skype ID ?
If not its okay i will try my self. If you know exactly how to fix it just PM you skype ID...

Hang,
Do you have a backup of your server ? If Yes, re install your server and restore your backup. That should fix it.

PS: I am referring to an entire server backup like a image.
Alternatively, you can speak to serverpolice.org guys and they can help you fix it.

Yes i do have a full backup. Thanks I will try serverpolice.org. I hope they can fix it.
Thanks buddy !

If that's the case.. A clean re-install wouldnt really be a problem.. just backup ur sql and make a test try. Re-uploading the matter wouldn't be a problem too I guess.. or contact ToolManWill he can help you out as he is the creator and knows the way around during such issues... to be paid ofcourse tho.

Its olaf tracker actually okay it's a good idea of contacting ToolManWill. Thanks Dude.. Good Idea !

Don't listen to the idiotic replies above. You should find the exact issue with your tracker. XBT can't just broke. It's either your server or it's the database.

I don't have the time to help you, but I can assure you that you shouldn't listen to the 'experts' here.

Why not just reboot the server, optimize and repair your db the cd into XBT Tracker and ./start

Then all should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back