Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickSand

Hey
I wanted to buy a seedbox so i could seed some stuff and get a ratio up,was wondering if you guys could recommend me any providers for seedboxes or i could buy a vps and setup a torrent script on it.
Thanks

29 comments
Just took this now, def not the highest I've ever gotten but pretty typical:

RbSAL.png

If you are on a tight budget I would suggest getting a VPS and setting up seedbox software on it.

Most of the time seedbox providers charge more then the price of a VPS.

xirvik seedboxes
pulsedmedia
santrex

get a ovh box and seed as soon as a torrent is released.most of that traffic would be internal and wont count.

i bought the promo $7.50/month VPS Promo from Xenspeed, setup as seedbox and pretty happy with it. you can check their thread if interested.

I fully recommend whatbox. They are the only seedbox provider that worked hard and custom coded their entire interface. Design and performance is amazing.

You can manage everything in the control panel and it doesn't look like shit. *cough* like PulsedMedia *cough*

You get shell access for rsync, irc, wget, etc. Right now I'm downloading a torrent at 50MB/s with their 150/150 plan. They are amazing, don't go with anyone else.

Personally, I'd recommend using Quickweb and getting a VPS from them. There are a lot of reviews about them at WebhostingTalk and probably here as well. So if you don't trust me my word, you can look at other recent reviews on it.

would love some more options ;)

have a look at XenSpeed and VPS6.net thread in VPS section. they got awesome deals that up to this moment i dont find that can match the price in relation with the server spec, you can look at their thread for specification.

my seedbox is on xenspeed. i tried VPS6 for Win VPS and it's fast so you can be sure that torrent is fast too.

they both setup seedbox for clients.

EDIT:
I was talking about XenSpeed's XMAS Promo w/c was double of what their current New Year offering at same price.

Last edited:
I agree with the people suggesting to get a vps and set it up as seedbox. It's not hard at all to do so.
1-2 GB ram is more than enough and for hdd space its up to you to pick the one that matches your needs and your budget. whatbox is excellent with good peering but they do not have unmetered bandwidth for the plans over 100 Mbps speeds
If you want to set up a vps as a seedbox install rtorrent via autoscript from here
Code:
http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=608.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back