Repohost.co.uk - Shared - Cpanel Hosting -from £1.50 / Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bootscat: Thank you very much for your purchase, we have sent you a private message regarding getting your account setup right away.

@bek4ever: Hello, sorry but never heard of that payment gateway before, can you tell me if they let you setup subscription payments?

Thanks.

Hi.

Just some feedback on your website pal. Hope you dont mind:friends:

1)I think you need a Terms of service or something simular (could not find one). What content allowed? What would terminate service if rules are broken.

2)What automatic script installer do you use? How many scripts?

3)Where is server located? UK?

4)On footer of contacts page, template still says "domain name" and not repohost...Sorry im a perfectionist :cough:

http://www.repohost.co.uk/contacts.html

5)How long has your business been running?

Apart from that, nice looking website.

Im thinking about making my own website for streaming/allowing download of my DJ mixes which are in mp3 format. Most of the tracks that appear in the mix are free from Soundcloud so im not too sure about copyright etc thus why im maybe looking for offshore hosting to be safer....Yes I know i could store my mixes on soundcloud or simular...but i want my own custom website and identity.

Now then my questions:-

1)Would the "ultimate" be suitable for the above. I am not expecting a huge about of traffic, so loads of people downloading/streaming my 1 hour approx mixes shouldnt really hit the cpu and resources. Please correct me if i am wrong.

2)Do you do any offers on Domain name purchase (.co.uk or .com), and hosting together?

Please let me know if the above is not suitable and point me in the right direction if you can.

Thanks in advance.

@Dc0de:

Thank you very much for your comments and recommendations, we will be adding your recommendations very shortly.

We believe the "Ultimate" package will be fine for what you are after because you are not using a lot of bandwidth, that package allows you unlimited bandwidth and 100GB storage so that should be fine for you.

We don't actually add do the registering of domains but i do suggest "CrazyDomains.co.uk" this is just £1 for a .com for the first year and we can help you with the registration if needed.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Could you please give me the answers to the above questions (1-5) untill you add the info to your website. Thanks

Is it easy enough to go from the "free hosting" to the better and paid ultimate? Im thinking about trialling your service.

Thanks for the domain reg recommendation. Ive already got my business on Godaddy, but my DJ hobby i want on another service (not all eggs in one basket).

BTW, are you sure you posted in the right section. This is VPS. Im assuming the ultimate package is shared...which is fine by me for a hobby

Thanks for the quick reply.

Could you please give me the answers to the above questions (1-5) untill you add the info to your website. Thanks

Is it easy enough to go from the "free hosting" to the better and paid ultimate? Im thinking about trialling your service.

Thanks for the domain reg recommendation. Ive already got my business on Godaddy, but my DJ hobby i want on another service (not all eggs in one basket).

BTW, are you sure you posted in the right section. This is VPS. Im assuming the ultimate package is shared...which is fine by me for a hobby

Also on the following page "medium" package is mentioned....is this the "ultimate" package?....i.e template needs updating?

"medium hosting package"

http://www.repohost.co.uk/medium.html

Last edited:
1. We allow any website as the owner of the hosting account is held responsible for their content, your account can be suspended without warning if you are causing problems for any other clients, denial of service is the main problem and overloading the CPU with spam or threats.

2. We use Softaculous which has 297 scripts to be installed straight onto your server (these services are currently being updated meaning it won't be on the cPanel for a few days.)

3. The servers are located around the world but you will more than likely be given the server in Paris, France as this one is our high performance one at the moment.

5. We have only been running the business for 2 Months and we have actually recently updated our services with higher performance servers and more space.

I do not recommend starting on a free hosting package as it doesn't have the amount of resources needed for this sort of website because listening and downloading music does take a bit of bandwidth.

I'm sorry no this is not VPS Hosting it is shared hosting and we have been in contact with WJunction to get this moved and topic name changed but heard nothing back yet and this was because we was going to be selling VPS but then went for Shared hosting.

Thanks.

Sounds fair enough. Cant imagine I would be causing too much trouble with regards to my mixes, as most of the music in the mix is off soundcloud for free. :dj: Also ive only got about 4 x 1 hour mixes at the moment in mp3 which are currently hosted on podomatic.

I think im going to shop around for a couple of days while you update the softalicious (Spelling???), and terms of service. But it does sound good so far pal. Terms of service forms the kind of contract between you the hoster and me the user. I am a bit weary of buying a years hosting and then being kicked off the server for violating rules that have not been set out, and are transparent to the user/me. I dont mind sticking to rules as long as i am made aware of them.

Only risk is that you are a new business...but we all have to start somewhere. Good luck

Thank you for your understanding.

Yeah that sound's great, the website is "http://www.softaculous.com/".

We are writing the terms of service right away.

Thanks.

He probably meant he's running his shared hosting from a VPS.:sohot:

Unlimited space for 1.50 GBP .... do pigs fly? Caution is advised.

Yeah, that is what i meant.

That's why i originally added it in this thread but now realising it should be in shared hosting, waiting for WJunction to get back to me.

Thanks.

help needed with repohost account

I got the unlimited package for 3 gbp for 3 months. Trouble is after taking money from the paypal account the website never have me any option of making a login id for the website. They money has been taken and though I sent you guys several email nobody has gottem back to me. I generated a few tickets as well but while tracking its status it asks about the ticket reference but your website does not generate a reference after submitting a ticket. Any help will be highly appreciated.

thank you for the quick turn around. can you confirm if you replied to my email or if you emailed me on my paypal id email address? Coz I have checked them both and have not received any emails even in junk email. A quick reply will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back