Rapidspeeds - Latest news back online till 2nd December 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got another email from LeaseWeb

Oh, it basically means RapidSpeeds owns nothing, they were just reselling LeaseWeb under their IP ranges. They have been lying all the time. It also mean HostHatch couldn't colo as well.

Gotta love false advertising :facepalm:

Faced it!
If they are trying to solve any problem,Rapidspeeds admin would already said something to try customers from panic, that would be the smart thing to do.
With all this silence the damage is done ...:facepalm:

This is weird, i gave up hopes that RS will be online again, and already moving my DB to another host, but just notice new info from my pingdom service, which basicly pings my ip every 5 minutes and report via sms ...

looks like my server was back online for very short time :
Lucky you (y)

Oh, it basically means RapidSpeeds owns nothing, they were just reselling LeaseWeb under their IP ranges. They have been lying all the time. It also mean HostHatch couldn't colo as well.

Gotta love false advertising :facepalm:

And when we call such companies out on acts like this our posts get removed, Huge vicious circle such a shame.

I got another email from LeaseWeb

Rapidspeeds just waste our time, ask us to wait for 12-18 hours to solve but finally give us bs,
I'd rather they tell "Yes, we are closing" earlier, instead of waste our time for pretend they are trying to solve things.

I should have order new servers from other companies earlier, this give my site 2 days down time already, and I will have to setup 3 servers again, and migrate 1.2tb data from my remote backup server...sigh

lot of company in a mess cause or rs
money tranfered to another account close rs open up it up again in another name and off they go again

i am not saying this is what they are going to do but so many companys do that

I think it is hard to get backup, as i talked with my account manager @ leaseweb.
He told all are messed up by them, also due to their own IP range leaseweb having trouble to verify real owner.

Well I wouldn't give up RapidSpeeds already, it's a little bit too early for that. But... since people are so desperate probably most of em have already created a dispute :facepalm: So if they had some slight financial troubles with LeaseWeb this was the straw that breaks the camel's back.

But one of the strangest things is this.. RapidSpeeds is a pretty active company around the web.. posting actively on many forums etc.
Anyone knows where they are now?

That's the only thing I can't really follow.. If it's a DDoS attack why not keep your customers up to date on the status throughout the day.
If you spent so much time on writing forum posts, being the social media marketeer... why not do it now.. when it's needed the most.

You are really gullible/optimistic. There was no ddos attack. Leaseweb is already promising to sell RapidSpeeds servers to their previous respective "owners" and you still hope for RapidSpeeds to make a comeback. Time to take off the rose-colored glasses.

Last edited:
Well right now i am disappointed with RapidSpeeds and Leasweb,
RapidSpeeds owner could seen it coming and prepare for it, and i am mad on LEASEWEB for not taking any action, they can simply TURN ON the servers for 24hours for customers to take backups, but no, they want to make money from people in such situation by taking over!!! shame on RapidSpeeds and Leaseweb

Rapidspeeds using their own IP range so leaseweb have to change server IPs to make them accessible and they are not going to do that at free of charge

Well right now i am disappointed with RapidSpeeds and Leasweb,
RapidSpeeds owner could seen it coming and prepare for it, and i am mad on LEASEWEB for not taking any action, they can simply TURN ON the servers for 24hours for customers to take backups, but no, they want to make money from people in such situation by taking over!!! shame on RapidSpeeds and Leaseweb

Yes, it's quite frustrated as i do have 3 servers with them, luckily i do have backup else everything lost.

In law and regulations it seems you cannot touch others company server even it's in your own datacenter rack as it's leased and do have agreement on it.

Only if Leaseweb brought rapidspeeds and there'll be a chance data will be recover.

Only if Leaseweb brought rapidspeeds and there'll be a chance data will be recover.

Actually that's is not right, if Leaseweb were human enough, they would switch RapidSpeeds servers online for 24hours for the customers to get their data, but all they care is MONEY.

Well for the people that bought a server off them few days ago, well quite honestly you only have yourselfs to blame. It should have alerted to you why there sales team is always offline and never respond to your sales question. You simply shouldnt have ordered one if you didnt receive a written confirmation that one is available.

Anyways, for those of you who want their money back, I can tell you that since they are based in UK, UK laws should apply. So basically you will find your consumer rights in Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 under Regulation 19 where it says:

Where the supplier is unable to perform the contract because the goods or services ordered are not availabl, within the period of 30 days, he shall:
a) inform the consumer and
b) reimburse any sum paid

Anyways, even if they are located somewhere else, they should tell us which register they have registered the company.

rapidspeeds back soon???????i wonder take a look at this peeps :D:D:D:D:D

6ozijTN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back