Rapidspeeds - Latest news back online till 2nd December 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because a service is down for a few hours you do not have to PANIC!
Their twitter page clearly states that they have problems.

Wait another 24 hours before PANICKING!

Few hours = 30+

Someone speaks on, which has no idea.

To enlighten yourself a bit, read a few pages back, and the sales thread of RS, in which for more than 30 hours, we're trying to find out whether would ever see our money and data.
The lack of any information from the owner, who suddenly evaporate even more fueling our doubts.

And only then give us your, how valuable advice. :facepalm:

but to whom i chatted he said nothing complications are there to give our data, i asked him directly is our data is safe he said yes and shifting too, only thing he told me that legal discussions are going on with RapidSpeeds :) and told me to wait till they close Discussions with RS.....

I guess they are discussing about the transition of users information from Rapidspeeds to Leaseweb, sell and trade can be "legal discussions".

If i get my backup sure i will join u... Paying double price to ur package i am ready :)

I guess the only way to save the reputation of Rapidspeeds is, Leaseweb take over the whole company.

Just like 100tb resells Softlayer, people will still buy from Softlayer if they need higher quality of support, but softlayer also gain profit to sell budget servers from 100tb, win win.

This might be the ending that many people wish to see.

Hello everyone,

Stop whining and crying. Go find a new host. These things happen, even "big" companies vanish. Expect that from a host that advertises on WJunction.

They are not responsible for ANY dataloss. You should have been clever and take backups frequently. That's RULE NUMBER ONE.

You won't get your money back, this has nothing to do with LeaseWeb and they are again not responsible for this. Logical?

There must been internal issues between RS and LW. Internal means PRIVATE.

Go blame the management of RapidSpeeds for this unprofessional situation.

[slide]http://i.imgur.com/IRiLs.png[/slide]

This is the interwebz. You can expect such things. You've been here on WJ for a good amount of time and you know how much "companies" here come and leave/die.

We are registered. About 5% of the hosts here are registered. I'm talking about the other part.

We are registered. About 5% of the hosts here are registered. I'm talking about the other part.

RapidSpeeds was a registered company if you didn't know.

P.S Virtual companies don't really count, it takes like 50eur or so to open a virtual company at companiesmadesimple or whatever their name is(for example).

panic.gif

Had to do it, sorry. Now, stop spamming and wait for official reply. If they don't reply don't whine because it's your own responsibility to have backups stored on a safe place.

@l0calh0st, @Krun!x .
WJ is now a mini WHT. Peoples handout here mostly on File host section and Hosting section. There is no point talking about company registrations or individual sellers.

Simple Golden tip for users " Never trust a PC/Server/VPS etc for saving digital data, Always keep a backup for safety"

Its a business, If you want cheap, then you have to take own backup. Else pay for redundant managed hosting ( normally companies and Pros go for that, who don't mind paying some extra bucks)

In light of all complaints about loss of data, I feel compelled to comment on web authoring and owning your data.

Foremost, for all of us that have been using RS, we know the company primarily catered to torrenting. With that said, service disruption should be on your mind at all times with the way the world's governments are acting right now with legislation from SOPA to domain seizures.

In regards to lost torrents, meh not really. Everything is recoverable from your indexers, so the only real loss is the time and bandwidth. If your RS box was your primary sharing platform, I'd suggest you park your accounts so you don't incur any H&Rs - I've also informed the staffs of the situation, as I'm sure they're already aware of it anyway. So I consider this not a major loss, but more of a headache.

In regards to web data, really there is nobody to blame but yourself. There should be nightly DB backups and all your site files should be on your development computers anyway. I do all my designing on LAMP & WAMP servers, and have immediate access to it in case some technological fuck up occurs and there is loss of data in cyberspace. All I need to do at this point is grab a cheap VPS / shared hosting account, upload the files, and re zone everything.

For me: owning all my data, taking constant backups, having an emergency plan, and being prepared for the inevitable has averted me from any real disaster other than the loss of page hits and consumer let down.

I'm not taking anything away from the horse shit that these guys pulled, but I'll never leave my fortune in another's hand!

I'm lucky enough to have my data backup on other servers but last backup is 25 November 2011 :(( no I'm moving to germany DS much better enough.

RapidSpeeds was a legally incorporated entity. They went down.

Technically, you're implying that you guys will go down too. Not a very good idea to diss others if you don't know the facts.

P.S: +1 to Krun!x. Virtual companies don't count.

I got another email from LeaseWeb

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

We are trying to help all Rapidspeeds customers, however many topics are out of hands to solve. Even charging customers for 100k will not help us to get your data back as we are not trying to make margin out of nothing. This is not ethic nor professional.

As Rapidspeeds was using their own IP and network, it will take more time for us to figure it out which IP belongs to which server. For now, we really can not guarantee that you can get your data back or not.

We hope to have clear information technically at our end, we will try to give you the same server you were using if you are able to prove that you were owner of the server. But, for now; we can only provide new server.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

--

Kind regards,
Murat Bayhan
Senior Account Manager, LeaseWeb
www.leaseweb.com

Well I wouldn't give up RapidSpeeds already, it's a little bit too early for that. But... since people are so desperate probably most of em have already created a dispute :facepalm: So if they had some slight financial troubles with LeaseWeb this was the straw that breaks the camel's back.

But one of the strangest things is this.. RapidSpeeds is a pretty active company around the web.. posting actively on many forums etc.
Anyone knows where they are now?

That's the only thing I can't really follow.. If it's a DDoS attack why not keep your customers up to date on the status throughout the day.
If you spent so much time on writing forum posts, being the social media marketeer... why not do it now.. when it's needed the most.

This is weird, i gave up hopes that RS will be online again, and already moving my DB to another host, but just notice new info from my pingdom service, which basicly pings my ip every 5 minutes and report via sms ...

looks like my server was back online for very short time :

29-11-201118-38-43.png

???

Add. This time is GMT0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back