Not open for further replies.

raflamo

http://rapidshare.com/news.html

b5ffd544q40.jpg

47 comments
For those who can't see it.

RapidShare listens and acts: One package for all users

July 06, 2010
As a result of the recent adjustments to our product and pricing model we have received a lot of feedback from our users. There was also positive response but we want to be honest with you: most answers were negative. With our adjustments we have alienated many users. As a matter of course, that was not our intention. Instead, it is our goal to introduce a system that gives our users more flexibility. However, we are happy about every single user response that we have received as this is the only way we can learn what our users really want. That is the reason why we have fundamentally revised our offer one more time and made it much simpler.

In addition to the free Premium Accounts, with immediate effect there is only one package for everybody: RapidPro

For 99 Rapids users immediately receive a traffic volume of 30 GB and a storage volume of 10 GB which last for 30 days.

If users need more volume, they can buy extra volume, of course. Each additional 1 GB of storage costs 2 Rapids per 30 days. 5 GB additional traffic volume will be charged with only 14 Rapids.

Additional storage:Additional traffic:1 GB = 2 Rapids/month5 GB = 14 Rapids

Unused traffic volume does not expire.

The prices for Rapids remain the same as before. Prepaid funds 400 Rapids 4,99 € 1.000 Rapids 9,95 € 2.000 Rapids 19,90 € 5.000 Rapids 49,75 € 20.000 Rapids 199,00 €
That means that users can use their RapidPro 30 days for only 99 Cent making the new RapidShare second to none also in terms of value for money.

Please note that users have the following options in their account settings:
  • Keep files forever: This option is not activated in the default settings. This means that if users exceed their storage volume, files that have not been downloaded for 60 days will automatically be deleted.
  • Automatic purchase of traffic: This option is activated in the default settings. As soon as users reach the limit of their traffic volume, they will automatically buy additional volume.
  • Automatic RapidPro Extension: This option is activated in the default settings. RapidPro-Packages will automatically be extended after 30 days if the user still has Rapids left.
Users can change these settings at any time in their account settings.

We are convinced that we will meet our users' needs with the new and simple model.

With this move, they just became downloader friendly.

But I doubt they can undo much of the damage that was done when they scrapped rewards for uploaders.

99 cents for a month with 30Gb of traffic ... a steal if you ask me. I just exchanged all my rapids on three accounts.

Got now over 600Gb of traffic and one 3 month, one 2 month and one 1 month accounts.

I have Losted my all 75 Thousand Points........

Why didn't you convert them to rapids?

Before it was like $10 per 30 days (max. 150Gb) ... now you get for the same price 270Gb divided over 9 months ... so how did it become more expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back