Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get any reply from RS support after asking them an offer for storage space?

For example, did anyone send them an email asking them a price for eg. 2 TB for 1 year?

Or do they simply ignore offers from users?

How to remote files from rapidhare to 1fichier and there is no place in fichier settings to save the account of rapidshare to remote the links directly ?

I have about 9000 file in rapidshare and cannot add the user and pass to each link alone. :-?

Did anyone get any reply from RS support after asking them an offer for storage space?

For example, did anyone send them an email asking them a price for eg. 2 TB for 1 year?

Or do they simply ignore offers from users?

I got it. They said ...

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us.
You want to know how much xxTB of storage space would cost.

Your message has been forwarded to the according department to clarify the
situation. The colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ronald Swanson
RapidShare Support

I have about 9000 file in rapidshare and cannot add the user and pass to each link alone. :-?
Take a good text editor like BBEdit, paste all your URLs, use function search&replace and search for
Code:
https://
replace with
Code:
https://USER:PASS@
and you can paste them into remote upload :fly:
Nevertheless, 9.000 files in few days will be hard =]

if price will be good, why not?

I've send them email that i need 8tb of space for 1 year and still waiting for their offer

No, the price is ridiculous. You will receive a quote with 700~800EUR/month per 8GB. They give everyone different prices, but the range is around 700~800EUR/8GB/month. Someone's quote is near 700EUR, and someone's quote is near 800EUR. I don't know how they determine it. BTW, the price of one year plan is always equal to the price of 10 months.

Maybe some of you guys remember a popup window of RSM ever showed the price "8,33EUR / 250GB". Now it's no longer displayed. With that price, 8000GB only needs 266.56EUR/month. And now they want to earn much more from us.

Last edited:
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us.
You want to know how much xxTB of storage space would cost.

Your message has been forwarded to the according department to clarify the
situation. The colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ronald Swanson
RapidShare Support

It's ridiculous, they didn't put a new prices yet ! I think it's just a procrastination till they completely close their files host.

Take a good text editor like BBEdit, paste all your URLs, use function search&replace and search for
Code:
https://
replace with
Code:
https://USER:PASS@
and you can paste them into remote upload :fly:
Nevertheless, 9.000 files in few days will be hard =]

yes very good method, thanks...(y)

If I converted the 9000 link in that way they won't take much time, but it will be better to leech links to rapidleech then I can remote it to any file host because it will be direct http links.

I found this on a German Board, seems to be a real good offer :facepalm:

1 TB: ~50 € Monat / 680 € Jahr
4 TB: ~350 € Monat / 3.700 € Jahr
16 TB ~1500 € Monat / 15.800 € Jahr

Now they are totally useless for everything.

I found this on a German Board, seems to be a real good offer :facepalm:

Now they are totally useless for everything.

ahahaha....now I understand why they don't reply to our mails about storage price :facepalm: if it's true, this price is absurd and useless, you can buy a RDP with 6TB for 300 euro/month!

wow ,
You can't have a 20TB back-up service for 5$/month.

And with this statment the human race has reinvented the wheel.

Some of you really believe that someone is going to offer you this for 1$/month or even ... 4 free.

Do you realize that just the electric bill for 10x2TB HDD goes beyond 10$/month?
And I'm not taking into account the components price / facility / staff wages.

Planet Earth is calling you , stop dreaming.

Now, guys, I don't know what to do: cry or laugh!

Today I got very-very special and exclusive offer from Rapidshare's manager.
Price for 8Tb especially for me is only 770Eur per month.
Wow that is really good price!:snog:

But if I can buy 20 accounts with 500Gb only for 400 Eu I will get 10Tb and economy is 400 Eur!

I think this is ordinaty seasonal (spring) recurrence, so many people with unhealthy psyche!
Please be care!:-=:-=:-=

Do you realize that just the electric bill for 10x2TB HDD goes beyond 10$/month?
And I'm not taking into account the components price / facility / staff wages.
It's obvious that you can't offer 20TB of space for 10$ a month, but the RS prices are absurd.

If you want a really stable solution, I would recommend you the following solution...
Cheap server for under 30 €/Month here: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market
Each server has the following included:
Code:
100 Mbit/s-bandwidth if 5.000 GB is exceeded 6,90 € per TB
1 Gbit-Port 39 €/Month (10 TB inclusive traffic)

And for each server you can order backup space as follow:
Code:
Backup Space 
100 GB Backup Space - 4,90 €/Month 4,90 €/Setup
500 GB Backup Space - 9,90 €/Month 9,90 €/Setup
2.000 GB Backup Space - 19,90 €/Month 19,90 €/Setup
5.000 GB Backup Space - 44,90 €/Month 44,90 €/Setup
10.000 GB Backup Space - 79,90 €/Month 79,90 €/Setup

Hetzner has a really good connectivity and the backup prices are really competitive, especially if you are not from EU or have a valid EU-VAT ID, then the prices are deducted by 19% German VAT. and you pay even less but you don't have to worry that they close down or change their offer from one day to another - they are stable for more than ten years now and never got more expensive, only cheaper :fly:

You guys are just giving into their demands by asking how much they charge for X amount of TB. just get everything you can out of RS by remote upload to other sites, anyone using rapidshare from now on is asking for trouble.. they got you by the balls, which is why they are asking for these ridiculuos high prices.. always have a plan b (backup your files at several hosts) from now on.

there is no option for 10.000 GB Backup Space - 79,90 €/Month 79,90 €/Setup
I could not find there.

Intel Core i7 950 6420 12 GB 7 x 1.5 TB 120.00 € 12h 35m
20 tb is 240 euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back