Protect IP Act (End Of Warez As We Know it ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

72impala

I do not know if this has been discussed here before....

23-Protect-IP-Act.jpg

Bad news for folks who frequent illegal file sharing and torrent sites to for their entertainment purposes. A recently proposed bill named the Protect IP Act (Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property), the law will remove websites that dish out pirated content from the internets address books, making them hard to find by their domain name. The law would also force search engines to stop listing these infringing sites in their indexes.
The Protect IP Act would also allow copyright holders to apply for court orders to get sites blocked or de-listed. In addition to shutting down easy access to those websites, payment firms and ad networks could also be told to stop servicing such sites. Wow, it looks like the US government is really interested in quashing piracy in the country. However, this amount of censorship is not going to sit well with a lot of folks that who dont believe that the government should be deciding what they can or cant view online.
But no matter what the government does, people are going to find another way to access pirated content. People are always looking forward to get their hands on the forbidden fruit. With recent reports suggesting that alternative services for movies like Netflix leading to the reduction of torrent downloads, maybe thats the right step to take instead of blocking people from accessing it give them an alternative.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/05/websites-that-link-to-pirated-music-and-movies-to-be-blocked/

SMH...

Anyone have any outlook on this?

23 comments
its not got anything to do with warez going to money etc...its simply a matter of mine and yours` fundamental rights

Good, I download pirated material but I generally see it being a bad thing. Why shouldn't developers get all the money they should earn.

Anything profitable will be monetized; common sense.

Fact is, since the COICA failed last year, This is also likely to fail.

Google won the court case in filtering, but they filtered it anyway.

We'll wait and see.

To be honest it's very hard almost impossible that the day will come that warez will end.

There are many reasons why mostly because every side wins if that was not true sharing warez wouldn't exist let's take two examples some dude at microsoft would invent something better than adding a key in a application to make it full from trial or some dude that is working in movies or multimedia would invent a non recordable/readable disk which they wont ever because what we call warez they call advertising.

honestly the information we have on internet right now and in a very far future can't ever be shutdown as long as computers exist that have the power to COPY and PASTE.

It's all bullshit.

Even if google, yahoo, bing, get removed from internet which is impossible for the moment we will still have social network sites or friends from real life that will tell us about interesting sites such as wjunction, wbb, warezscene, linkplz, mechoddl, etc...

About 6 years ago i didn't even know about sites like phazeddl and katz but some friends told me about it and i didn't stop visiting since then.

Piracy will win in long run, it has to

Piracy will win no matter what they do;

No Domains - We'll have FREE domains or IPs.
No Adsense - We'll use other ad networks.
No Money - We'll get donators.

Yes they're trying to put a stop to use of making money, but there people out there that 'front everything' and we'll be online for a long time. Wheather we're accessible by our domain or other means necessary by being underground.

I love this quote that Bush said years ago, during September 11, 2001.

You may destroy our tall buildings, but you can't touch the foundation of America.
-Something like that.

Let's put this in 'Warez Terms';

You may take our domains and ad revenue, but you can't touch the foundation of pirating. Lol, Come up with something better.

When I first got on the internet years ago.. ( I will give you a general date of mid 90's ) the first site I ended up at was a warez site. It was quite small message boards were not even popping up yet. I joined Warez in 1998. For real.
You can't convince me, An American that the government has the right to censor the net in anyway. Wah Wah... I am sure many congress people download movies and other stuff just like you and I.
Google will not stand by that. They have taken a small step that was easy for my site ( I just closed it recently ) to recover from. Freedom applies to the net as well. You can't tell me where to go and with whom from home and you certainly cannot tell me where I can and can't go on the public Internet.

lol my earnings are betting day by day i think warez is getting more and more popular fuk these stories who cares

Wake up .......... did you hear the shot???
Warez will not die today and not tomorrow and if then will only die the websites and it will go on on private forums where you even could just send links out on request etc.

Its same like other things in the world illegal and still everybody does it

Wake up .......... did you hear the shot???
Warez will not die today and not tomorrow and if then will only die the websites and it will go on on private forums where you even could just send links out on request etc.

Its same like other things in the world illegal and still everybody does it

TRue

rules are until 18 or 21 years kids cant smoke but can anyone stop kids smoking before that age

smoking weed is prohibited in many countries , but would u believe if anyone say no one smokes weed in those countries

2bhonest i drink , smoke n do every shit but at home my parents think i havnet even touched any of them

______NOW shud i tel anything about WAREZ?______ if it ends it will still happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back