PayPal limiting accounts of filehosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paypal are right to limit accounts to copyright material dont see what the big deal is..separates the money whores from the real uploaders who do it for free.

PayPal just informed us that our PayPal account is closed due to high risks of processing file sharing payments. This means that file sharing industry won't last no more. All of the funds are frozen and we will be able to send them back to you in 6 months. Seems that all new file sharing hosts will experience same fate like we and all other big hosts. We did our best to make it work, but unfortunatly this circumstances doesn't depend on us. We will run the host for a month, and if nothing will change, we will close it after.

source from rapidgator news...

thats just a piece of crap..paypal only come into the picture once there is a dispute...
its just that these hosts wanna rake in the moolah from premium sales and not feed the money hungry uploaders who spam there servers like 100gb / day...do you know how expensive storage and b/w is?

thats just a piece of crap..paypal only come into the picture once there is a dispute...
its just that these hosts wanna rake in the moolah from premium sales and not feed the money hungry uploaders who spam there servers like 100gb / day...do you know how expensive storage and b/w is?

You mean filehosts come for 2-3 months scam all users and go away? That cant be practical right?

filehosts should state clearly company names, imprints, TOS, adresses etc. then they wont have a problem since they are serious companies.
all the new filhosts are private people opening a filehost with xsharing pro, I doubt that they pay any tax etc.

btw. alertpay doesn't process creditcard payments! so its useless

Can't blame paypal to be honest. You open up a file hosting company overnight by installing a script, don't bother to register the company, put up a fake address for office and no phone number or contact information, don't pay any tax. This is not how a legal business is run. No wonder paypal is showing them the door to safeguard against fraud.

And even then they dont really resolve many of them, I have had one outstanding for weeks and they still havent resolved it,,,,with an FTP server that scammed me and many others

2012 is (or could be) the end of affiliate filehosts except some major filehosts, like RS / MF / and such. I suggest you all to stop uploading and concentrate on backup your stuffs (if you have any)

How do uploaders feel about accepting payments via an alternative method which could ultimately be transferred to paypal?

What is an ideal situation for payouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back